“Good business Hotel, Great bar on top”

Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Good business Hotel, Great bar on top”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Great quality in the Radisson, 5 mins walks from the city center, great upstairs bar. My experience was a bit weir, I was upgraded to a family room (which i am single business traveler) and the room was bigger, yes, but with bunk beds for kids and toys, I guess if you are a family this is great, but dont offer this to single travelers, better save them for the families. Good wifi, Go to the Bar at night, it has the best view in Riga.

Room Tip: take the family room, only if you have a family with you
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
RadissonRiga, General Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Paulomb!
I am pleased to read your 4 star review you shared with all readers on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you were happy with the most aspects of your stay and let me explain described situation about family room. Usually we don’t accommodate single travelers in family rooms, but due to high occupancy of the hotel at that day unfortunately we couldn’t provide you with a standard room.
I thank you for sharing your compliments on our famous Skyline Bar and WiFi in the hotel and wish you all the best.
I look forward welcoming you back very soon.
Ronald Smithjes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussel
Reviewed August 5, 2014

To start on positive note, I would like to thank the staff of the hotel, friendly and professional, never less they were not able to resolve technical problems during my stay. High temperatures in Riga? Well, it was the case up to 30C. The air-conditioning was not working due to its age or maintenance, resulting into very hot temperatures in the room. In addition, smell of cold cigarettes smoke coming out of the ventilation system made it complete unliveable. My very first disappointment with Radisson Blue chain hotel - will avoid booking this hotel in future.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Gundars R!
I highly appreciate you taking your valuable time to post the feedback on your recent stay with us.
Referring to our recent telephone conversation, I thank you for bringing the highlighted issues to our attention also on Tripadvisor and may I once again offer sincere apologies on behalf of the hotel for inconvenience caused to you due to technical problems with air condition system. I have to admit that the air condition system failed to work properly due to very hot weather conditions, but we tried to fix it as soon as possible.
I am also very disappointed that there was a smell of smoke coming from the ventilation system. I fully understand your dissatisfaction with that and want to ensure you that we always try to act on that immediately in order to prevent such unexpected situation during guests stay at our hotel.
On other hand, I am really happy to see that you enjoyed some positive aspects during
your stay as well, like great SPA, helpful staff and convenient location.
I would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija and would be delighted to look after your reservation as well to arrange something special for you. Please do contact me directly for further assistance.

Gita Silmale
Executive Assistant Manager
Rovaniemi, Finland
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The hotel was nice and high-quality. The location was excellent and the view from our hotel room was really beautiful. The nice hotel was one of the reasons why Riga was really delighful place to visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RadissonRiga, General Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Nina P!

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your family stay in Riga and sharing your excellent review on Tripadvisor! It was pleasure to serve you here and I definitely look forward welcoming you back very soon!

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We appreciated the comfortable beds with decent pillows, the well-equipped bathroom and the excellent breakfast. We had no problem with the elevators being crowded or in locating a table at the breakfast buffet. Our room, in the north tower, was quiet, although it had no view. There was adequate closet space and we had plenty of hangers. The only room negative was that the shower curtain did. It reach the floor, resulting in puddles. There were plenty of thick towels and a heated floor, so it wasn't much of a problem. There is a casino and a spa, which we did not try. Overall, a very nice place to stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Crcb!

I thank you for your excellent five star review on Tripadvisor! It was pleasure to read your comments and I hope you will visit us someday again!

Kindest regards,

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have been in this hotel many times before, and thus I did not book it this times it usually is a bit too crowded. But the other Radisson where I had confirmed booking just sent an email to me and told they were overbooked and moved my reservation here. As a compensation, they told, I would be upgraded to a superior room. Well, I have been in different rooms in this hotel and only superior about this room was a sticker on my room key envelope telling me "you have been upgraded" ;) The room was quite small but sufficient for my quick one night visit. Staff at reception was (just professionally) polite.
The positive surprise was the quality of the breakfast. I did not expect too much, but this time everything was well made and good in taste. They really have improved this experience since my last visit.

Room Tip: a room with a view to the old town is nice but then there might be some street noise. Rooms in the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
RadissonRiga, General Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Jari S!

As the District Director for Radisson Blu Hotels in Baltics, I really appreciate your loyalty to Radisson Blu Hotels and express many thanks for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. Answering your comment about superior rooms I just want to explain that our superior rooms are located in hotel’s Tower part, they are recently renovated and have nicer view from the window.
I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and thank you for your compliments on that.
I hope you will visit us again and we will do our best to make your next stay even more pleasant.
District Director and General Manager
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Spent a night in Riga. I had stayed at other Radisson Blu hotels in Europe. This one was quite basic. Room was a bit smaller than I usually like. The main attraction of this hotel was the central location and convenience. Right after I arrived, I found a nice burger place next to the hotel and a spacious sports bar, where we were able to catch some football. There are plenty of taxis, airport van, and city tour buses at or very near the hotel. Overall it was clean and staff was helpful and friendly. I would recommend to any first time visitor to Riga.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Goaaron!

Thank you for sharing your informative feedback on Tripadvisor, it definitely will help other travelers to make a choice when traveling to Riga! I really appreciate your recommendation and look forward welcoming you here again!

Croydon
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We spent two nights here as part of a tour of the Baltic states. The hotel is massive, we were in the extra wing some distance away from the reception. The room was very modern, comfortable, a good size although there was little room for clothing, I had however got used to living out of s suitcase during the tour! The staff were somewhat distant and rather perfunctory, perhaps because the hotel is so massive. My biggest complaint is about the buffet breakfast, it was busy from early morning and the area was just not sufficient for the rooms or the number of people. The hotel needs another dining area. After 8am it was difficult to find a table and the buffet was just a scramble of people ducking and diving, very little idea of queuing, with on occasions food being dropped on the floor and just left there. Not a relaxing start to the day or indeed a very pleasant experience.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear RobinK11!
I appreciate you taking the time to write a feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.
On behalf of our entire staff I apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at our hotel. I feel very sorry that our breakfast was below your expectations due high occupancy of the hotel. Our Hotel and Riga is highly visited by tourists during the summer time, this year particularly as Riga is European Capital of Culture 2014. But I want to ensure you that we try to act on all guest comments made and we will look into possibilities to have more space / additional place for breakfast.
Once again, I appreciate your feedback and we will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.