“If not the building...”

Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Moscow, Russia
“If not the building...”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I'm not a big fan of this hotel. Nearby Radissons are always my first choice in Riga. The Soviet times building with about 2,50m high ceilings in the guest rooms makes me feel uncomfortable. Everything is clean and service is good but the legacy building prevails. The bar on the top floor has a great view.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Anton K!

Thank you very much for being our guest and taking time to share your comments regarding our hotel on Tripadvisor. Although you are not a big fan of our hotel, it was pleasure to serve you here! In comparison to other Radisson Blu hotels in Riga our hotel offers a large variety of Food and Drink services, casino, nightclub and luxury 5* experience at ESPA Rīga. You are very welcome to visit our outlets even if you choose to stay at another Radisson Blu Hotel in Riga!
I look forward seeing you here again!
All the best!
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed here for two days for a business conference. It is a large and very busy hotel, full of conference delegates and bus tours. This means at peak times, the three lifts which travel between the 26 visitor floors don't really cope very well. Twice I had to wait well over 5 minutes for a lift and although I tried to find a route using stairs, I was blocked because of their keycard access.
The staff are helpful, the breakfast buffet is ample and offers a good choice. The rooms do feel, however, very small and the bathrooms are badly laid out - there is little space to set out your toilet bag etc.
The location is good for the old town and the view from the top floor bar is worth a visit, but be prepared for the loud music, even at 1am, this is definitely not a "chill out" bar!
The bed was comfy and I slept well, despite being right next to the lift shaft, but I think there are 28 hotels with higher ratings in Riga and I would definitely try one of them next time.

1 Thank Weary235
Dear Weary 235!

Thank you for your visit to our hotel and even more for your candid comments you shared with Tripadvisor readers. I am glad to hear that generally you were satisfied with your stay with us and I am appreciated your positive feedback on our breakfast and location. On other hand please accept my apologies for caused inconveniences regarding the long waiting for elevators, which happened at peak time due to high hotel occupancy.
Even you would like to try another hotels in Riga, I truly hope that you will choose our hotel again and we will be more than happy to welcome you soon!

Frank Weidlisch
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Large n busy hotel. Breakfast with omelette station. Must get the renovated rooms. Modern rooms. Only shower. Flat LCD tv. Pillows n comforter sooo soft very very lovely to sleep!!! Rooms are small as u cannot open big luggage if u have rimowa type. In the old town n shopping area. Next to Armani , Burberry shops. Walking to Galeria mall. Excellent location . Sky lounge with excellent view of the whole city. Have casino. Will stay again!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear TravelBugHag!

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija for your stay in Riga and placing your review on Tripadvisor! I am happy to read that you are planning to stay with us again and look forward to seeing you!
All the best!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in. Clear, quiet and comfortable room with the excellent view of Riga. Kind staff, very delicious cuisine. There are many shops near the hotel where you can buy things you that you need.

Dear Guest!

Thank you for your nice words you shared with other Tripadvisor readers regarding your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija! It was pleasure to serve you here and I look forward seeing you again soon!
Have a nice summer!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in May and was pleasantly surprised. The room was extremely clean and had a decent room. It was not huge but I didn't consider it small either. I am very particular when it comes to hotels and this definitely passed my test. The location of the hotel was perfect I thought, very centrally located. We had an issue with our room the first night and when we brought it up to the front desk, they eagerly moved us and we were extremely happy. I have no complaints and when I go back to Latvija, I will definitely consider staying here again. If you have miles you can use, do it as we got the best value using United miles on the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one larger bed, because the standard will give you two doubles pushed together which is no g...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dpesek!

Thank you for being our guest and taking your time to write such a positive review about your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija. I am happy that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the location and room design and comfort. I hope that we see you and your family again soon!

All the best,

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Good location and nice neighborhood in Riga, only a short stroll to the old town.
Hotel had a very good top floor bar and a decent breakfast restaurant with a nice selection.
Rooms were clean and reasonably well equipped, but even though I was upgraded to what they called a superior room, it was really small. Bathroom was OK, but was built to the lowest cost possible, and it showed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Knut_M386!

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija for you business stay in Riga! I am happy to read you compliments on central location of the hotel and Skyline Bar, which indeed is worth to visit not only because of view but also trendy cocktails.
I am sorry to read that you found your room too small, I would like to invite you to visit us again and for your next visit recommend to choose our business class room, which is bigger and includes also free entrance to Skyline Bar and also ESPA Riga active leisure area.
I look forward seeing you again at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija.
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed 2 nights here and following the reviews I had read on here I booked a superior room to give me some extra space. I also thought that the superior rooms were on the higher floors but when I checked in I was given a room on the 4th floor. After looking in the room I went back to reception to check that I had been given a superior room as I really fail to see how it could have been any smaller and frankly there was nothing superior about it. I was told that I was in a superior room and they start from the 4th floor. The fact that there was no view at this level didn't matter as the scaffold outside the window prevented me from seeing much anyway.

The rest of the hotel is average - lots of tourists so breakfast can be very busy. I usually do not bother with breakfast I only have a small meal but in this hotel it is included in the rate so you get no choice.

Dear Peter D!
Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the size of your room and view. Indeed the view is better from higher floors of the tower part and I regret that we were not able to accommodate you there during your stay here, but I still hope you will revisit us again and perhaps on this occasion you will choose to stay in our Business class room which is 40 m2 large. Business class room guests have free entrance to Skyline Bar on the 26th floor and also free access to active leisure area at ESPA Riga - gym, pool, and saunas.
Once again thank you for staying with us and I look forward welcoming you again.
Sincerely yours,