“really good hotel...”

Ranked #24 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Istanbul, Turkey
“really good hotel...”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

i have in this hotel group for the first time, there are 3 or 4 radisson hotel in riga but this one is biggest and only 5 stars hotel, it is in the center of the city, so close to everywhere, breakfast is not so good for a 5 stars hotel...not so much choice in breakfast, what they have is taste nice but so less choice...we had dinner one night and it was ok, rooms are little bit small but it is comfortable, there is something wrong with tv because it is opening it self sometimes, my friends also had same problem in their room too, when u r sleeping then u wake up with a noise of people and u panic when u hear it first time then u realize that it comes from tv...rooms are clean and housekeeping cleans it everyday...they have a casino but for me it is not good casino, u have choices for games but there is no food, no cigarette service in casino, i saw so many casino, all of them serving all kind drinks, open buffet and also cigarette for customers but this one is offering only drinks and not every kind drinks, for example i asked for ice tea and they said i have to pay for it...no security in casino, when we were there 2 times we saw a fight, first one 2 people start to punch eachother and no guard comes to stop them, one casino girl try to stop them, it is sooo stupid...and u can bring anything inside so easy, weapon, gun, knife or anything because there is no control there...hotel has a skyline bar, it is on 26th floor and u can see whole city from there, it is nice view and reasonable prices, also they have 3 bars below the reception, one of them is sport bar, u can watch sport and also play some games too, one of them karooke bar, it is small but nice too, and next to the karooke bar there is omore bigger one, friday and saturday nights there are big parties and really nice place and so much fun there...i can definetly recommend that bar...

Room Tip: if u had a chance then i can recommend u the rooms from the main building which starts with 1 number...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Elturco78!
Thanks a lot for your recent stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija and I really appreciate the comments you shared with travelers on Tripadvisor. I want to assure you that safety and security of our guests is the main goal here, therefore I forwarded your comments to the responsible manager of Casino Olympic, which is located in the premises of the hotel. I also regret to hear that your night sleep was disturbed by malfunction of TV. I informed our Chief Engineer regarding this problem in order to solve it as soon as possible. I appreciate also your comments about our breakfast and would like to correct you that Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija is 4 star superior hotel. Once again, let me express my appreciation for your good feedback and I hope to welcome you in the near future again in our hotel.

All the best,
Frank Weidlich,
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed April 29, 2013

nice hotel with good rooms .. the hotel is a bit weird with the spa and casino. The location is great in between the Art Noveau District and the old town which is both less than 10 min away from the hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Horst_A_Gallo,

Thank you for posting your experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija. I am glad you appreciated our central location and liked hotel rooms. For your information, besides your mentioned 5*SPA ESPA Rīga and Olympic Casino, our hotel offers also a lot of F&B outlets. Therefore I would be glad to welcome you again to try also our other hotel services.

All the best,
Lydd, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed from Friday - Sunday for a friend's stag do. The hotel offers everything. There is a fantastic bar that looks all over Riga. The rooms are brilliant and very clean. There is a casino to keep you entertained, another bar in the lobby which is great for chilling out and the restaurant does a great breakfast. We flew with Air Baltic and were unable to print our return boarding pass until the day of return but there were two terminals with a printer attached which was very helpful. All in all a great hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Chris C!

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback about Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija with all Tripadvisor readers. I hope you and your friends join us again on your next visit to Riga.
I wish you a nice sunny summer!

Kindest regards,

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed there recently for 2 nights.
We had Business Class rooms and I think that the value was good.
Those rooms were fairly large with separate sitting area.
If you prefer, you can order the breakfast in to your room without any extra charge.

Location and the views from the upper floors are good. Just a few mins walk from the old town.

Some problems with the Business Center printing facilities however, but we got around of those with the help of the friendly front desk staff.

There is a nice bar, a Sky Bar at the top of the building, as well as a KHL (Ice Hockey) Sport Bar at the basement.

Dear SlatsRetract,

I am pleased to read your kind feedback about your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija. I am happy that hotel services met your expectations and will be glad to welcome you to our hotel again soon.

Kindest regards,

San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Location of the hotel is great. Only about 10min walk to the old town. You can see the tall hotel from the old town and from the main street.
The check in was fast and courteous. If you are a Carlson member, you get 10% discounts if you eat at the restaurants in the hotel. We didnt have a chance to since the hotel was near to Old town, so we ate local food.
Stayed at a standard room, which is located up to the 4th floor and the Superior rooms are on the higher floors for an additional EUR40 per night, which will include the ESPA - fitness/swimming pool/spa facilities. I think it is a bit expensive to have that used for a couple of nights we were there.
Reception staff are very friendly and helpful. Internet computer kiosks (4 of them) in the lobby where you can print your boarding passes and payment for check in luggage receipts ( Air Baltic charges EUR29.99 per bag of 20kilos and EUR10.00 if you dont check in online and check in at the airport - what a rip-off)
The room is a bit small, clean but the beds are a bit narrow - like most European beds - but comfortable. Breakfast has a good spread of bread, herring, cold cuts, omellete bar ( big one I must add), sausages, scrambled eggs, porridge, bacon, baked tomatoes and potatoes. Various cheese - smoked, local cheese, swiss and brie also available. Service is fast and pleasant.
Bathroom in a standard room consist of a shower ( no bath tub). Amenities are body gel, shampoo/conditioner, hand soap and shower cap. Room also provides slippers.
Ordered room service once and you can order pizza and sushi from outside restaurants for delivery.
The best thing about this hotel is the proximity of the old town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear R_Reyes!

I really appreciate your nice detailed review about Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija, where you stayed with your family in April, 2013. Thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers on Tripadvisor.
I am really happy that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and will be glad to welcome you again soon.

With kind regards,
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was here on business for 5 days and the hotel was really comfortable. The rooms were clean, and I had amazing view from 22nd floor. Only thing I did not like was the shower which pointed towards the wall and it was a struggle to wash the hair :) The service was excellent. Dry service was cheap and very speedy. Conference rooms met the criteria and I would definitely recommend this hotel both for business and pleasure.

PS. Hotel has a casino, sports bar, lobby bar and a restaurant so there is something for everyone!

Dear Elvin J!

Thank you very much for so kind review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija. I am glad to read that you liked our hotel facilities and services and are going to recommend our hotel to other travelers. I am really happy that we met your expectations during your stay here and we are looking forward to welcome you again.

With kind regards,
Vejle, Denmark
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed for the first time in Radisson Blu Hotel Latvia, and had been looking forward to the stay as I had been recommended to stay in the Hotel.

The Hotel is huge with some 24 flors in the one building and about 10 in the other, so arriving o the Hotel at arround 17.00 you would imagine to find more than one persen at the reception - wrong - only one person was at the front desk and even though I and others where quewing up to get our rooms, the other staff, more or less ignored our pressence, and moved on to do other things, than checking us in.
Once ready to check in, the receptionist asked med if I would like to have an upgrade (Against a small fee), which I declined, and as a reward I got a very noisy room next to the elevators.
I went back to complain about the room and was then give a free upgrade to a superior room.

Then one should think that everything was perfect, but the room was so small it was difficult to do much else than lie on the bed, there is a bed and a fancy chair in the room, but you need to be size small to be able to use it - rooms are definetely to small, my recomendation would be to go for the standard rooms in the older part of the hotel, they seem to be somewhat larger.

The Hotel even charges its guest to use the spa/swimming pool, arround € 22, so unless you realy need this, I would leave it out.

Radission is normally known for a high standard of breakfast, and for sure the standard here at this hotel is higher than most places in Latvia, but still not the satndard I'm used to at other Radissons in the region.

Bed are absolutely OK, but as they take up 50% of the space in you room, it also should be.

Selection of TV Channels is somewhat poor

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room if you need to work while staying at this hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Mortennielsen,

Thank you for posting your comment on the Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija following your stay here in April and may I offer my sincere apologies for the poor service you have experienced on your arrival at check in, it is certainly not indicative of our usual standards and I thank you for bringing it to my attention so I may take remedial action as the complete guest satisfaction is our goal at our hotel.
I also regret to read that our hotel room didn’t meet your expectations, I would like to explain that standard and superior rooms in this hotel are ~ 20 -25 m2, if you like bigger rooms I advise you to book a business class room, which is ~ 40m2.
I would also like to inform you that hotel guests are welcome to use ESPA Riga Active Leisure Area with pools and saunas from 7.00 – 9.00 AM complimentary, it is free of charge also for business class room guests.
I very much hope that you will consider staying with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should you decide to do so.

Frank Weidlich,