“Good business hotel, walking distance to the old town”

Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel
Ranked #24 of 111 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel looks modern, it has a casino, spa, good resturant - D'vine and skybar on the top floor with a fantastic view.
The hotel is close by the old town, only takes a few min walk. The restaurant D'vine is located on the 2nd floor has nice deco and food are also good; though it is not cheap compare to the local restaurants, then again it is convenient if you had a long day and doesn't want to go out (outside temperature was -10C when I visited Riga).

Room Tip: The high floor has better view and less noise. Try to avoid rooms near the conference area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Klilondon!
Thank you very much for staying in the Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija on your last visit to Riga. It was great to read that you were satisfied with your stay here and tried out our F&B outlet services. I do hope to see you soon again back at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija for yet another great experience.
Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,896)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

As well as staying a night, I also ate in the hotel and held a conference for 40+ people from across the Nordics.

As a guest, the room was spotless, well equipped and the Wi-Fi very easy to connect to. Here the hotel showed its business side: this was somewhere I could stay and work in without trouble at all. Although the room wasn't especially large, by the standards of European hotels it was perfectly good. The bathroom - spotless again - worked well and there were plenty of towels. A colleague mentioned she had found her room a little warm: I was OK with it but it could have been a little cooler.

I also managed to eat DInner, Breakfast and lunch in the 24 hours I was there. It was good without being fussy or complicated: good fuel for a business trip. The Skyline bar on the 26th floor (Hint - you need the outside elevators) was a good pace for a nightcap. I'm willing to bet the view would be good but visiting in early January didn;t show it off to its best advantage.

The meeting room was good. Everything worked, there were a decent number of chairs and everything was in place in good time. There was also enough room to let people circulate afterwards.

At every turn the staff were helpful and organised. All in all, pretty hard to fault. I am planning more meetings and will almost certainly return.

Dear Lewis-Graham!
Thank you so much for your feedback on your last stay in the Radisson Blu Hotel latvija.
I am really glad to read that you have enjoyed all aspects of the hotel from the room to the F&B services to the staff. I am happy that we have been able to provide you with the best possible service. It is always great to see such good feedback which will inspire hotel team try to do the best possible to ensure our guests have a memorable stay.

I do hope we see you soon again in Riga and in our hotel.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Spent 3 nights here on business. The hotel seems to be a popular conference venue and was very busy while I was there. My standard room on the 14th floor was quite small but quiet and comfortable with good views over the Esplanade park. Bathroom was also quite small with just a shower. The breakfast buffet had a good selection of scandinavian and European food and the set lunch in the Divine Bar was very good value. There is also a more expensive lunch buffet in the main dining room. The hotel's main attraction is its location, just a short (~10 min) walk into Riga old town or to the Art Nouveau district. Other pluses are free wifi and coffee making facilities in the rooms.

Dear Psandps,
Thank you very much for your feedback on your last stay in the Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija.
As you rightly pointed out the location is unbeatable as we are in the heart of the city centre.
I am really glad to read you were happy with all the aspects of your stay and hope you'll be soon again staying in our hotel and we are looking forward to your return.
With kind regards,

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have spent very good time with my dad here in Riga and we choose Radisson blu as members of Carlton Club. Hotel is like typical Radisson, where we have got all the best standards. Breakfast was very tasty but room was quiet too small than i expected. Parking place wasn't so expensive but it could be cheaper. Anyways i like this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear EspanolRebel!
Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay here at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija. It is great to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Our standard rooms are indeed just 20 m2 and if you like more spacious rooms I would advise you to book business class, which are 40 m2 and in addition to more space, business class guests have also free entrance to Skyline Bar and SPA experience.
I hope I soon will have the opportunity to welcome you again at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here for three nights in late January 2013, and enjoyed it very much.
Great location and friendly staff, except from in the Skyline bar, where we were met by a very grumpy waitress. Except from the bar staff, everyone else were freiendly, especially the porters and cleaning staff :)

We were offered an upgrade to a superior room upon check in, and chose this option. We got access to the spa and a room on the 16th floor with a fantastic view.
The room was well kept and very clean. The breakfast was wonderful, and the spa beautiful!

The location of thehotel is really good, and only a short walk from the Old Town.
I would definietly choose this hotel if returning to Riga!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Camcami!
Thank you for posting your feedback about your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the most aspects of your stay despite the fact that you were served by a grumpy waitress in Skyline. I indeed apologize for that. The service quality is essential for us and you can be sure that we will do our utmost to prevent such a situation in the future. I will look forward to welcoming you here again soon to prove that we can provide better guest service also in Skyline.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were 2 couples who booked a trip to Riga before Christmas, and the choice of hotel was perfect. Radisson Blue Hotel Latvija is close to almost everything in Riga, a little walk straight down the road - and you are Riga's old town. The reception and the restaurants in the hotel was very nice, lots of alternatives to choose from. We were very satisfied with the price we had booked for this hotel, and we were recommended to upgrade to a room with a view. And what a view! We could almost see the whole city. But the weather was gray and snowy, reducing the view quite a lot.
Every morning before everyone else was awake, I went down to the pool in the 2nd floor, enjoying the silence and solitude down there. I also ordered a SPA treatment, and then I got access to the outdoor pool in the 6th floor. Hot water and massaging bubbles everywhere in the small pool, and the winter night was dark - and the snow drifted silently down on my head where I swam around.
Yes, we would like to return to this hotel another time

Room Tip: The room with the view was worth the extra value
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonRiga, Executive Assistant Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear guest,

I really appreciate your positive comment about your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija and I am very happy to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, it was real pleasure to serve you!
Looking forward to see you next time!

Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed in a business class suite which was very nice and had a beautiful view of the city. The hotel has everything you need and if you don't want to you don't need to leave the premises. There is an ESPA spa, night club, casino, sports bar and a skyline bar - all very reasonably priced.

The hotel is in a perfect position in regards to the city (also not far from the airport). There are lots of parks to walk through, lots of churches and the old town with the cobbled streets is delightful.

There is a real mix of Latvian, Russian, soviet architecture, orthodox and catholic....

I came in jan and it was freezing, colder than freezing -17 but so beautiful. Everything is draped in snow and everything looks very pretty. However I will be coming back in the summer and look forward to seeing Riga in a warmer season and visiting Jurmala on the coast.

All in all a lovely get away and a perfect hotel to do it in!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Nicola,
Thank you very much for your kind feedback about your trip to Riga and so excellent review about your stay at our hotel. I can just agree that there is a lot of entertainment options in our hotel for every kind of taste, which, in so cold winter we had in January, is a real advantage. But indeed, I will be more than happy to welcome you here again in summer!