“safety, quality and service”

Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Riga
okc
“safety, quality and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

Business trip for 3 days. location is excellent. Radisson quality as expected. Secure and safe place to stay as the staff and security staff presence was evident. Room was very clean, soft bed and great bathroom (clean!). I was on 24th floor facing old town. Breakfast was very good. no problems from check-in to checkout. Front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful. I will stay here again as there are no suprises/questions. cab from airport 9 lats (I invited two elderly tourist to hop on). Black out curtains a plus, the bar on top was superb (i just had a few drinks), High speed pass of the casino-just a bunch of locals (you have to sign in with ID, get photo taken. etc ,I think I might have joined the russian army or navy?) I found a one day dry cleaners (and bulk laundry) place in the basement of a mall 1.5 blocks away!) First trip to riga, I will have to vacation there in the future and stay at this excellent place. Good job management! Old town center 2.5 blocks down a major blvd (safe walk) with police standing guard all over the place. I was walking by the river to lunch and to my suprise, a flight of USAF F-16's flew right down the river (Thunderbirds). I used the spa twice. It was superb. Clean and not very crowded. pool is perfect for laps.

Room Tip: I travel a great deal in northern europe and consider this hotel probably the best if not a close 2n...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear sdpc!
Thank you for the good feedback and advices to others! I am really proud to hear that you were satisfied with our staff and services in general.
We look forward to welcoming you in our hotel soon again.

Best regards from Riga!

Martins Priedite
Hotel Administration
Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

This is the third time I have stayed here. I really cannot fault the hotel or staff. The hotel is a short walk into old town. The views from the sky bar are fantastic! The breakfast is great and I cannot fault those evening buffet meals. Will be staying again soon

• Stayed April 2011
JanisValodze, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Dear Evanses 12,

It is really great to read such a positive reviews about the hotel and the staff. I can just join regarding the superb location and wide choice of different services! So see you next time and I would like to advice you try out our luxury spa complex during you next visit as well.

Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

This large hotel complex stil delivers high quality performance.

Nice hotel with skybar, lobby bar, winebar, casino, sushi etc.
Very good choice for a weekend in Riga, easily within walking distance from the old town and with many nice facilities on site.

The spa connected to the hotel is one of the nicest I have ever seen and the rooms are very good. (Even though I didn't get my usual upgrade for Business room as a travel industri employee...)

Lounging in the skybar before dinner is a memorable moment :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
JanisValodze, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Dear Kimmen1,

Thank you for the good feedback! It is allways nice to hear great words about the job we are all doing in order to make our customers happy and feel like at home.

Absolutely correct - best location, best spa and wide range of different entertainment possibilities – this is Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija.

For sure we look forward to welcoming you in our hotel soon again.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

I have selected Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija because of the well known brand, attractive price and suitable location. Being honest, I do have already my favorite hotel in Riga, but I wanted to try... And being honest, I was actually quite disapointed... Hotel was good, but not that much as I expected.

LOCATION
It is really central, not far from the Railway Station and with really walking distance to Old Town, shopping centres and all comunication. From the airport it is the easiest to take for example BalticTransfer (3 LVL) or taxi (8-10 LVL). Even if you take local bus/tram/trolleybus it is really accesible.The closest sight is Orthodox Nativity Cathedral (great views from some of the rooms and top-floor Sky Line Bar). A lot of restaurants, bars, clubs are in the area. Really close to Riga's gay scene places.

RESERVATION & RATE
Really easy reservation on radisson.com website. Great rate with breakfast included.

CHECK-IN & ROOM
Staff was really helpful, natural and professional. I was really happy that they were able to check-me in earlier. Really appreciated.
My room was on the 14th floor, unfortunately with 'the other side view' (not Old Town). Room wasn't that big (I expected more). It was bright, fresh and clean.
Free and quick wi-fi Internet access was great. No hassle and connection was really good.
Room was air-conditioned and equipped with TV, phones, coffee/tea maker with selection of drinks.

BATHROOM
I would say that was the biggest dissapointment. Lightning was really bad - too dark and wrong directions. Bathroom was clean, but shower head pipe was in terrible condition - just looked dirty (it wasn't). Selection of fresh towels, toiletries, large mirror and hair dryer was all right.

BREAKFAST
Buffet breakfast was really good. Great selection of different meals plus some of them made on order. Staff was quick and efficient, but sometimes looked quite bored. I think that was the reason, that hotel was full of "tour package guests", many of them even quite rude or inpolite. I was really impressed with patience of the staff. And for me - all of them were so nice and helpful.

CHECK-OUT
Check-out was hassle-free and quick. Again, staff helped me leaving my luggage for few hours. Only one thing I didn't like that was quite high amount blocked on my credit card (compared to rate booked) and it was held for few days.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE
Hm... I have mixed feelings. Even if the hotel was refurbished and renewed it's still dated in some parts... Corridors and public areas are not in the best shapes. Rooms are comfortable and fresh. Views and location are really good. Hm... Staff is absolutely great with no doubt. Unfortunately, I have to say that sister hotel in neighbourhood (Radisson Blu Elizabete) offers more quiet and unique experience. Radisson Blu Latvija is a busy 'package holiday' hotel with casino. It's not really my type...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank marqoos_pl
Dear Marqoos_pl,
First of all I want to thank you for taking your time and delivering so detailed hotel overview. I am really proud to hear that you were extremely satisfied with our staff and with services general. Regarding the rooms I just want to add that we just completed another stage of renovation and we are looking forward to continue renovation in few coming years in order to offer our clients even more modern and stylish environment.
As you have mixed feelings I still hope you will take another chance for our hotel in order to enjoy wide choice of different services, even I have to admit that there is absolutely nothing wrong with Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel.

Lyon, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

- Nice hotel really close to the Old Town of Riga.

- Room service was quick and the food delicious (tried the cesar salad and the salmon dish..yummy!)

- So many things to do there (spa, casino, swimming pool ..) It was a shame I didn't have enough time to try any of them!

- You can even order sushi / pizza as room service :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AmykWong
JanisValodze, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear AmykWong from Nice,
It is really great to hear that you enjoyed our services and our hotel itself. I can only agree with you that there are really many things to do in our hotel and I hope you are already planning your next visit to us in order enjoy spa, good food and another great things.

Best regards from Riga and I look forward to welcoming you in our hotel soon again,

Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

For those who want or need a large hotel with many amenities, you can't go wrong with this hotel. It is not in the center of the old city, but it is easy to walk to many places of interest including the Opera House, the area inside the city walls, monument of freedom, and the University. The food is good and you can have an amazing view of the city from the bar on the top floor.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank jwjwjwjw1
JanisValodze, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Dear jwjwjwjw1, thank you for good words about our hotel and I can only agree that the location is just outstanding, the hotel is in short walk from everything you need. Same time there are many things to do in the hotel as well, we have two fantastic bars – Skyline bar on the top floor with great views and fantastic cocktails, D’Vine Bar with good wine and delicious tapas, all day dinning Esplanade restaurant and great six storey spa complex called ESPA and many more.

We definitely look forward to welcoming in our hotel soon again.

Best regards from sunny Riga,
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

Although some of the reviews here were not so positive, I found the hotel to be excellent value for money (about 65Euros per night, including breakfast). I had requested a room higher up if possible and although I was paying the lowest available rate I got a fantastic one on the 14th floor facing the Old City - spectacular, as was the SkyBar.
The rooms are not luxurious or fancy but they are spacious, clean, well appointed, quiet and have everything you might require - including very nice toilettries and truly large towels, slippers, etc. Mini bar prices very reasonable, buffet breakfast amazing, hotel staff welcoming, helpful and discreet. The best thing about the hotel was that we could walk EVERYWHERE -- and we really did walk and walk and walk :))
Overall, although it is not an 'amazing' hotel with unique character, I felt it offered excellent value for money and all the necessary comforts for a good night's sleep, reasonable and tasty catering and a top city location.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank d_nassimpian
JanisValodze, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Dear d_nassim,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your positive feedback.

I am really happy to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and highly rated our services.
Just want to let you know that in order get our rooms even more nice, some floors are in refurbishing process already now and we will continue with other floors later on as well.

So I would be more than happy to welcoming you back in our house to check out the new rooms and have a great time again.