“Santa Was There!”

Ristorante Felicita
Ranked #99 of 1,091 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Italian charm in Riga Old Town!Italian hospitality, unforgettable tastes and delicate wines from the popular Italian singer Al Bano Carrisi family winery - all this awaits you in the restaurant Felicita!
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Solo lunch after a cold walk around Old Town Riga. Only guest and had a very attentive and knowledgeable server whose name is Santa. Fish soup and Duck Confit, the two items one sees on every menu in Riga. Fish soup was heavy on the dominant tomato paste that had a bit of a burnt taste, maybe not "burnt," but, rather reheated too many times. The duck confit was what I expected, fall off the bone tender with a concentrated duck flavor. Hit the spot...

A safe place for the money you spend, nicely decorated with a good server...

Did not check out the wine list, but I should have.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This restaurant is fantastic, and offers everything you want; great food, good wine, great service and reasonable prices. It comes highly recommended.

1  Thank ahoistad
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I love Italian food and I was in the summer with my wife in a 3 weeks trip in Italy.
Last week I was in Riga and randomly found near St. Peter a small restaurant. Looks well from outside and decided to give a try.
Excelent Bruscheta was the first appetizer. As outside temperature was -10C we ask for Porcini Cream Soupe. The fresh Basilicum and the smeal of porcini was super. The taste was even better.
We decided to go for a Duck leg in the oven. Moist, tasty, perfect done. The vegetables were perfect except the brocolly was over done. I like more Al dente...
All in all a great experience. The restaurant is also running a wine shop with good selection of Italian wines. You can negotiate at diner the price of wine at the table as the one to take a way and save a few Euro.
Quality vs price was very good as well.

1  Thank AngelHerscu
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We happened on this restaurant quite by chance. Visitors to Riga, we walked around for a while trying to choose a restaurant. Deciding blind is always risky. And deciding on an Italian restaurant would not be my first choice but my companion was tired and here was Felicita. Italian food is ubiquitous now and usually mediocre to bad. For instance, how can so many cooks get something so simple as pasta so wrong. But, Felicita was a wonderful surprise! They know their Italian. The pasta was cooked just right, with flavorful sauces and additions. The attached Italian wine shop is probably the giveaway. There are real connections here with Italy. I would have given Felicita an excellent mark except for the fact that I was in Italy the week before and had the real deal.

1  Thank Sandy3939
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Last week was the husband’s birthday, and it’s been our tradition every year that we go out to dinner to celebrate, anywhere he chooses. Felicita now is our favorite restaurant- for amazing Italian food, romantic atmosphere,perfect service and Albano Carrisi wines. Verry good located in Old Riga heart. Highlyr recommend for couples and family.

1  Thank Angelina K