“Very special family dinner”
Review of International SV

International SV
Ranked #5 of 1,015 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Russian, International, Latvian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: International menu, mini dishes, freedom of choice, original design and service philosophy create new culture of public catering. The chef's inspiration is the best traditions of European and Asian cuisine with new, modern techniques.Contemporary minimalism combined with great lightening system creates an incredibly a great ambiance.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Several days ago we had my Mom's birthday celebration at SV International, so I'd made reservation a day before. On arrival we found complimentary bottle of wine with "birhday wine" label. Moreover, all napkin holders were decorated with special stickers "Happy Birthday, (my Mom's name)", that was so plesant and made the dinner very special. So i wanna thank the staff for attention to details:)
As for me the concept of small dishes is an interesting idea, you can try different types of food at once. Especially it is easy for ladies and everybody who prefer to control calories.
All of us chose different items from seafood menu, that were fresh and tasty. As for desert I had wonderful pineapple ravioli and creme-brulee for others. And a bottle of pinot grigio.

I highly recommend SV Int. for special occasions and family dinners.

There are newer reviews for International SV

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I won't claim this is the best restaurant in Riga, but it is very good. The location could be seen both as a downside and as a plus because it is somewhat removed from the center and it is situated at an old apartments block. This eliminates large crowds though. Food-wise it is pretty good - on a pricy side, but it makes up for it in taste and presentation. Fine balance in dishes and for my foreign friends as well as for me it was fun to eat there and try various things as the portions are small and you are encouraged to order lots (a bit like tapas style), but continental and Russian (or so) food. Would certainly recommend and return.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great atmoshere, good food and really welcomming service. The concept of small dishes was to our taste, though we did not manage more than two + dessert. Food was of high quality and prices was pleasant for a norwegian.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Really exciting menu,it would be really nice if there would some fixed menus(3,4 or 5 courses)
It was my first time there, and atmosphere was awesome design cozy and feeling of fine dining.
Food mark would be 5- because there are way more seafood dishes than meat ir vegiterian.
But overall amazing place definetely will come back not once.
P.S. Like the feedback notes after dinner

1  Thank dmitrij o
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went to the restuarant for a try as this was ranked first at trip advisor. The restaurant is located outside the old town, this took us 5-7 minutes drive from the old town, that may not be a walkable distance in our opinion.

The food and services did not disappoint us, just the portion of each dishes was comparatively small, but we were well informed by the waitress. The waitress services were exceptionally nice, compared to other unfriendly waitresses in the town.

I ordered a cream mussel soup and a mushroom risotto, the soup was wonderful with the fresh mussels, the risotto was a normal one without any surprises. I finished with my dinner with the cheesecake as dessert which was excellent. Both taste and appearances of the dishes were all up to standard.