“Very good!”

Ranked #5 of 1,012 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Russian, International, Latvian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: International menu, mini dishes, freedom of choice, original design and service philosophy create new culture of public catering. The chef's inspiration is the best traditions of European and Asian cuisine with new, modern techniques.Contemporary minimalism combined with great lightening system creates an incredibly a great ambiance.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My Latvian friends gave me advise to visit this restaurant. I come to Riga several times a year. My last visit I had a time to discover this place.
It's not in the walking distance from Riga center, but it's not a big problem. You can take a taxi and reach this restaurant approximately in 10 min. (depending on traffic). I liked their outdoor seating - it's nice in summer season.
The meal was delicious and the service was good as well.
I'd be happy to return to this restaurant in my future visit to Riga.

E V, Manager at International SV, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your review. Glad you listened to your friend's recommendations and managed to visit us. Thanks for pointing out our location tips. Taxi is the easiest and the fastest way to get to our restaurant, which might take up to 5 minutes drive from the city center in the evening. However there is also tram 11, which stops right in front of the restaurant. We are happy you enjoyed your time spent at International SV and you are always welcome whenever you are back in Riga.

There are newer reviews for International SV

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed an excellent dinner at the International SV.

It is a short taxi ride from the Old Town but well worth the effort of going. The concept is essentially to choose your own tasting menu. We shared nine small dishes between us and were very full. Each course was delicious especially the Larvian specialities.

E V, Manager at International SV, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your time and posting this review, it is highly appreciated. Glad you visited us and remained satisfied with our concept, food and service. Our aim is exceeding guest's expectations, therefore we will try to surprise you more if you visit us again in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Really reccomend to try this place out. Super food with nice service and good prices.
Home made dumblings and beef are must eat :)

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lor for your review it is highly appreciated :) Glad you enjoyed our food and we hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We went there for lunch after reading the reviews on TA. The menu is presented in a very nice way (dishes from different countries and all come with a picture).

We had the tempura maki (delicious), octopus carpaccio (good), asparagus soup (excellent), duck breast (ok for me, excellent for my girlfriend), pineapple ravioli (excellent) and rhubarb-caramel pate (very good). Wine per glass was nothing special.

Service is excellent and very accommodating (e.g. we share all the dishes and they were so nice to split up the soup in two smaller portions without us even asking for it!).

Prices are very normal to Latvian standards, so price quality ratio is excellent. Atmosphere is nice and inviting.

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your detailed review it is highly appreciated. We are happy you enjoyed your time spent at International SV and liked our concept, food and service. May we kindly ask you to inform us directly what did you mean by "nothing special", when describing our wines per glass. We value every comments and every opinion is important for us for our development.

Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am very happy for discovering this place. The meal is perfect and the service is excellent too. I will be happy to return to the restaurant. I love the outdoor seating - it's is perfect in summer. The drinks and cocktails are very good too.

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your review. We are happy you discovered us and remained satisfied :) Even though the terrace season is off very soon, we just launched the new cocktail list.

You are always welcome at International SV.