“Nice food and athmoshere”
Review of International SV

International SV
Ranked #4 of 972 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Russian, International, Latvian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: International menu, mini dishes, freedom of choice, original design and service philosophy create new culture of public catering. The chef's inspiration is the best traditions of European and Asian cuisine with new, modern techniques.Contemporary minimalism combined with great lightening system creates an incredibly a great ambiance.
Oslo, Norway
“Nice food and athmoshere”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Nice, small restaurant. Cool concept with smaller main dishes. I had the lamb and the beef, followed by a delicious pina colada, yummy

The staff is very friendly and gave us directions in exploring the local nightlife. The dinner we had here was a good start to a perfect evening

1 Thank Kurswa
E V, Manager at International SV, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. Glad you liked our concept and enjoyed your food at International SV. Good to know our staff was helpful and hope you had a great night our in Riga.

Best regards and we hope to see you again :)

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Riga, Latvia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dmitry C.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We are young couple. My wife and me decided to visit this place because of permanent passing by car. As well we read a good reviews in the internet. Restaurant's atmosphere is very warm and private, so the waitress was with knowledge about whats is going on and could explain many things about their menu. Stuff of restaurant have a patience to explain properly about asked questions, for example choose of wine.
Meal which we tasted are delicious, but from other hand are too small for such price, could be little bit more. And one more thing that I did not like that I got a dish of Lamb steak ( actually very tasy but already very small piece of meat) which supposed to be ''NO Fat" was 60 % meat and 40% of real fat which any woman would be not eat. Only this thing I did not like.
Overall impression of International SV is polite stuff, very good kitchen ( must be little big bigger portions), relaxed atmosphere.
This restaurant have a good future ONLY if they will continue their own stile like they are and their service is going to remain in such level which we met this time of visit. Otherwise there are very big competition in Riga.
Anyway very big thankfulness to Inter SV from me and my wife.

1 Thank Polina1202
E V, Manager at International SV, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. We appreciate your comments. Glad you finally decided to visit us.

We are sorry regarding your lamb, as normally our peaces do not have such a percentage of fat... We informed our chefs to be more careful when cutting the meat into peaces.

We do our pricing very carefully and we do not aim to be expensive. We try hard to balance the portion sizes. Nevertheless we cant make them too big as then we would loose our concept. We highly appreciate that you found our individualism and we promise to remain the same way and keep our service style, as we already have been doing for an year.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to welcome you again at International SV.

Best regards,
“Something out of the ordinary”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This restaurant was truly worth the visit.. You get way more than you pay for!!!our waitress was professional&sweet.. And since it was my birthday I got an amazing cheese cake with firework:)

1 Thank Tatjana B
E V, Manager at International SV, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review, it is highly appreciated. Attention to details is one of the International SV goals, therefore we always strive to find out the special occasions of our guests. It was an honor for us to celebrate your party together :)

Best regards and we hope to see you again.
Jurmala, Latvia
“For sure not the number one!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

For sure this is not N1 place in Riga!
However, I liked the concept of small portions that gives you opportunity to test several dishes.
Atmosphere is quite nice, but for my taste bit too dark.
Quality of food was above average, but I can not say it was exceptional.
Prices are quite high, but still acceptable.
Will I go there again - probably yes.
Can I recommend this place - yes, as I said I liked the concept.
Is this the best place in Riga - for sure no!!!
It's good, but for me number one shall be high class gourmet restaurant with high class ingredients, interior and service.

2 Thank ZigmundP
E V, Manager at International SV, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, we highly appreciate it. I am happy you liked our concept and we will be happy to welcome you again next time :)

Rest assured that we do not compete with fine dining establishments, as our concept is more relaxed and this is what our guests ask for. We use tripadvisor as a development source, where we analyze guest's feedbacks in order to be able improving our services. We do not position ourselves as a number one restaurant in Riga. We do our job and let customers judge it :)

You can e-mail us directly in order to state all aspects you would like us to improve and we will be happy to listen.

Best regards and we hope to see you again.
Riga, Riga, Latvia
“Very good!!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Small portion concept is very good. I like it a lot. It gives oportunity to taste more dishes.
Snacks are very good. Burgundy snails were perfect. And I also recomend Banana flambe with coconut milk and ice cream. Tnx!!

1 Thank Ilze D
E V, Manager at International SV, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time spent posting this review. I am happy you enjoyed our concept. Unfortunately we are going to take out the banana flambe from the menu closer to summer, but we promise to launch more interesting dishes.

Thank you and we hope to see again.

Best regards,