“Fast and full of flavour.”
Review of Stock Pot

Stock Pot
Ranked #94 of 1,072 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Mexican, Contemporary, Soups
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I saw this restaurant on trip advisor before coming to Riga, so checked the menu for the best food for us. We went for lunch on our first day and were not disappointed. Two soup starters and two chicken curry dishes for main course, for less than €13. It was all incredibly tasty and the meat was all very tender. It is very spicy, but we like that.

Seating is limited, so keep an eye our for an empty space while you're queuing for your food.

Overall, fantastic value for brilliant food. Highly recommended. We might go again before we leave Riga!

1  Thank Catherine2311

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Great for a quick and spicy meal to stay or take away. Their menu changes every day - so it'll be interesting every time you come here..

Note - IT'S OPEN ONLY IN WEEKDAYS!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is a very small and very affordable cafe in the center of Riga. I like its spicy meals, especially during cold and rainy days, and there are both spicy and mild, vegetarian and meat meals. The menu changes very often.
Menu: http://www.stockpot.lv/en/menu/
Pros: Tasty simple food, very low prices, central location.
Cons: Very small dining room, limited business hours (Mon-Fri 11-20:30)
If you hesitate to visit or not, take a look at the picture of the staff on the cafe's site. I will visit again.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Was lucky enough to find stock pot open on last day before holidays. Went due to ta reviews. A bit suprised at line but only waited about 5 minutes. Ordered half a portion of butter chicken (about 3 euros)as i am not such a big guy. It came with basmati rice, fresh coriander and bread and filled me. A bit spicy but so tasty. No suprise the line behind me was just growing and growing

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This review is long overdue, as we were in Riga last June. Thought I'd used a different website, and I just now saw the bookmark on a little-used laptop. Because we have special dietary needs, I was so pleased to find on this website a restaurant where I could inquire about the menu in advance of our trip to Riga, and explain in English! Richard assured us by email that if we checked with him a week before arriving, he would make sure there were things on the menu that we could eat. He greeted us ever so warmly when we showed up, and made his recommendations. Their menu also has spiciness ratings, which was great. The food was delicious. Linda even gave us a complimentary container of wonderful hummus to take to our hotel. We can't thank them enough for their outstanding service and friendliness. If you have time, check out the muffin/coffee shop across the street. Jack, the owner, also made gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free muffins for us with 24-hour notice. Riga is a beautiful city with lots of restaurant choices, but for a casual, friendly place with great food, Stockpot was very special for us!