“What a great concept! Brilliant from beginning to end.”
Review of Stock Pot

Stock Pot
Ranked #92 of 971 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Mexican, Contemporary, Soups
Scotland
“What a great concept! Brilliant from beginning to end.”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Popped in for an early dinner tonight and feel it deserves a review.

As others have said, it's a simple place, but the food and welcome are first rate. I had Serbian fish soup and old fashioned chicken curry; both were brilliant. Portions are generous, decor is simple and clean, tables are shared with a mix of locals and visitors who are on the look out for delicious food at great prices. A half litre bottle of real Budwar (or other beer and wine) even comes with a small plate of good cheese, all for 2 lats. What more can you want?

Overall this is a great concept. I'll be back.

• Visited September 2013

• Finnish first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“vegan, but not very kind service”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

When we came there was a lot of people waiting for lunch. But lady who take orders was very nervous and wasn't kind so when i ask her to help me explain in english what do they offer she was in a hurry. I felt very unpleasant and needles. I actualy expected more since a lot positive comment on trip advisor.

Food was all right, fresh, but in my opinion kind service count a lot so actualy i lost my apetite.

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank Ana N
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great food at great prices”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Visited Riga for the first time last weekend. There is a lot of competition with many good restaurants, but Stockpot stands out for good food and good proces. I never thought that smoked salmon and fennel soup would work, but it was great. The red Thai fish curry that followed was even better. We also tried the vindaloo soup, which cuts the need for a jumper! Very spicy, but very very tasty.
If you're in Riga, you just have to try this place. The constant queue outside speaks for itself!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank minergit
Tukums, Latvia
“Doesn't have Mexican food every day”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Perhaps my expectations were too high but the first time I stopped by there was no Mexican food. The next time I tried, there was only chili con carne which is Tex-Mex rather than Mexican. From looking at the menu, it is appears the only semi Mexican dish is one day chili con carne and another day vegetarian chili; only two days a week is there one Mexican dish. I had Uzbek beef soup with my chili, but was disappointed there was not much beef in my soup. I also do not think chili con carne should be a spicy dish as it is chili not chile. I cannot understand why it is listed in the Mexican category on tripadvisor.

As a suggestion, it would great to see more dishes each day such as at least two Mexican dishes on the day, there is chili, as I do not feel that Uzbek food and Mexican food are very complementary. But it is an individual preference. My chili was 4 lats and my soup was 2.60 lats so my total for lunch was 6.60 lats. That seemed expensive to me considering I usually eat at Lido and I can eat their business lunch for 2 lats and get a multi course meal.

I also was not crazy about sharing a table with strangers.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Edgars B
Frankfurt, Germany
“Excellent Fresh Food At A Good Price”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I would recommend this place to anybody looking for fresh good home cooked delicious food. It's not a posh restaurant. A bit like a very small cafeteria. The menu is only in Latvian but the staff were helpful to translate it into English

• Visited August 2013