“Nice and spicy, great value and fast service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stock Pot

Stock Pot
Ranked #84 of 935 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Contemporary, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Adelaide, Australia
“Nice and spicy, great value and fast service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Dropped in for lunch after being recommended by a local friend. Was pleasantly surprised to find the level 6 curry was a real 6 not a Latvian 6! The fish soup was really tasty also. If you're looking for a quick bite to eat and you like curry, try Stock Pot.

• Visited July 2013
stockpotriga, Owner at Stock Pot, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Hi,
So happy you enjoyed eating at the Stock Pot and many thanks for writing a review.
with regards,

• Finnish first
Riga, Latvia
“Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I visit this place quite often. Nice fresh food especially for spicy lovers. Chicken curry is more than excellent as well as fish soup. You get new offers everyday. Prices are extremely cheap so anyone can afford it. There is no table service but you are always treated well at the till

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Janis C
stockpotriga, Owner at Stock Pot, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
It is always nice to be appreciated and we are so happy you enjoy visiting the Stock Pot.
Thanks for writing a review and we hope to serve you tasty lunches with a few twists here and there many more times in the future.
Salaspils, Latvia
“Too unhealthy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

The food was very unhealthy and oily. The gazpacho was poor. It was more of a tomato salsa than a soup and had big chunk of tomatoes. It was not what I expected when ordering gazpacho. The chicken stew was flavorless and too oily. Quite unusually for Latvia, my entree came with white rice. At most places in Latvia rice is optional. I could not get it without rice and being forced to pay for something I didn't want felt a little like being cheated.

The review by the reviewer with over 200 reviews comparing Stock Pot to McDonald's is a good comparison. Both places serve unhealthy food. If you must go to Stock Pot or McDonald's, only go once a month max. Otherwise your health will suffer if you eat such unhealthy food on a regular basis.

• Visited June 2013
7 Thank Agnese D
stockpotriga, Owner at Stock Pot, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
HI,
Thanks for the review and i would firstly like to applaud your American/English.
I am sorry you did not like our take on a gazpacho, it is based on a classic Spanish recipe, however we do not add garlic(as our main target market are locals on their lunch break from work, and the vast majority would like to avoid uncooked garlic before going back), we also add a few chillies to give it a little kick, as is the theme of many items on our menu. Unlike the Spanish we do not push the soup through a sieve, as we like the texture with very small chucks of the vegetables. It is also contains more of the good healthy veg that way. It is a very popular dish and Linda makes around 40 full portions each time with around 12 pre-reserved. Sometimes it sells out before 14.00, and it always sells out. Guess it was just not your taste.

We try and use as little oil as possible in our cooking and only use olive oil, raps oil and occasionally sunflower oil. In the Moroccan chicken i use for 15 kg of chicken around 75ml of olive oil. The following ingredients are used, making it not unhealthy as you stated and i think very flavorful(again this one of our most popular dishes).
Chicken, olive oil, onions, garlic, ground ginger,cinnamon,paprika,cumin,chickpeas,lemon juice, tomato paste(company profi or mikado-ingredients-tomatoes) chicken stock, salt and and pepper
I am a little saddened that you felt cheated, as one of our main aims was not to do what many restaurants do, that annoy Linda and I.
you wrote " Quite unusually for Latvia, my entree came with white rice. At most places in Latvia rice is optional. I could not get it without rice and being forced to pay for something I didn't want felt a little like being cheated. " This confused me until i remembered that Americans call their main meal an entree!
We serve aged basmati rice with all of our main courses, you do not have to have it, but the price would be the same as it is one complete dish.If for example you did not want salad in your kebab, the price would be the same, would it not? or no croutons in your Caesar salad, etc, etc.
you could have added for 50 centimes a half portion of side salad. The leaves are mixed and in the spring and summer months are delivered three times per week by the grower himself, who takes amazing pride in his product, as he should do, because the quality is outstanding.
we do not charge for bread.
we do not charge for take away packaging.
we do not charge for tap water.
we pride ourselves on being as flexible as possible in regard to meeting our customers demands, even to the extent of putting items on the next weeks menu. Next week will be the return of a Thai massaman curry at the request of a customer.

It is also quite strange that you have read reviews of us on trip advisor going back to November of 2012 and yet this is your first contribution.

With regards,
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“First class Lunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not sure how anyone can give the Stock Pot a negative review.
I had lunch at the Stock Pot last Thursday & Friday, I must say The Vista Vindaloo curry last Thursday was nothing short of superb.
When in Riga we always eat at The Stock Pot.
First class cuisine at a great price,
You may have to wait a few minutes to get served but I can assure you its worth the wait. That's why so many locals use this venue.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank robinhood33
stockpotriga, Owner at Stock Pot, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
hi,
so glad you enjoyed your visits and for taking the time to post a review. Vindaloo has been a long term fav for me as well. As for your comment on the negative reviews, we believe them to be the same person with multiple accounts. Not quite sure why but the latest is rather baffling.
Regards,
Richard and the team
London uk
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

My first visit to Stock Pot was a surprise. The place is clean, the food is delicious ( I had chicken curry ) served with a smile, the price is very affordable, the portion is generous.
I had a peep at the kitchen from where i was seated, it looked reassuringly clean.
Thank you to all members of the Stock Pot team.
I shall definitely be back for lunch, and shall tell my friends. Mo

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LondonukSatisfied
stockpotriga, Owner at Stock Pot, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
So happy you enjoyed your chicken curry at our small restaurant, noticed the clean kitchen and had friendly service. These points are important to us. I am sure your next visit will be equally positive as consistency is also important to us.
Regards,