“One of the best culinary experiences so far!”
Review of 3 Pavaru Restorans

3 Pavaru Restorans
Ranked #12 of 1,003 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The three chefs restaurant „Tam labam būs augt” (The good must grow - Eng.) is a restaurant with the open kitchen, beloved by citizens and admired by guests of our city. It was founded in September 2011 by two famous Latvian chefs, Mārtiņš Sirmais and Ēriks Dreibants. Very fast the restaurant earned popularity and was acknowledged among the highest ranking restaurants in Riga. As a proof to it, in 2013 and 2014 it received a 3rd place in the Top 30 restaurants in Latvia Excellence award. Despite rocket fast success, we remain accessible, friendly and open to everybody. We love our clients and will provide perfect service even under the most complicated circumstances.
Riga
“One of the best culinary experiences so far!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I would recommend visiting this restaurant if you want to be truly surprised and enjoy your meal in a relaxes atmosphere.
Menu changes quite often and sometimes there are things you can order which are not yet on the menu, so just chat with the waiter to find out what suits you. If we speek about the service it may not be the uber-professional one, but it is really friendly, so even if something is not done according to the etiquette, you will still feel welcomed if you open up as well (not like Ze German reviewer before me :-)).
Prices are in the high-end for Latvian price levels and portions are not huge, but for me this restaurant is more about having new culinary experiences and that is what this place delivers a plenty of.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank JaaBirks

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt, Germany
“Teenage-like, naive and unprofessional and conspicuously empty”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I went and booked a table especially in advance, and, as I did so, I told them I wanted to try out this restaurant as I had heard much good about it. I did notice a child-like attitude which I did not think corresponded to the raving reviews but ok I was prepared to give it a try. I wrote down my own name on the reservation sheet for correct spelling and repeated the time. The sheet was empty. When I returned at the appointed time 1.5 hours later my table had been given away eventhough the whole restaurant was empty! (Friday lunch time) . This was the only window seat... I presume no one bothers to check the reservation sheet as they never have any (also an indication the restaurant cannot be that good) and of course because the staff are young and green. The waiter had seemed proud earlier to tell me that mozzarella was a cheese from Italy…..

It is not acceptable to give a table away when a customer has made a special point of dropping by and perusing the menu with noted interest. And above all there was no explanation nor any sincere apology offered. The guy with whom I had booked had the same gormless expression on his face, as if not understanding his faux pas. I duly decided I was not going to have lunch here.
The menu, which I had looked at earlier, was written in pencil in an interesting way with mainly French type and classics on the menu such as fois gras. The décor was modern, with a high-tech feel; there was also bar seating like the ones you get in a sushi bar.

I am not convinced about (some of the) raving reviews here. There are basics errors which restaurants serious about their food and reputation do not make.

• Visited June 2013
Amiens, France
“A more than excellent choice !”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Trendy, greatly tasteful, full of good surprises and nice delicate attentions, this is one of the treats in Riga, not at all the tourist type with heavy Latvian food (though I enjoy those sometimes too), loved by hype locals and well advised tourists!
Very friendly, funny, enthusiastic and helpful staff, gorgeous food and delicate cuisine without any little exception, spotless clean (service too), ideal!
And full of nice people, all smiling of being there.
Quite pricy though, but this is pricy for an excellent reason !

• Visited May 2013
Las Vegas
“Top maybe ever”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

This might be my favorite ever. Innovation, food extremely particular, top caviar! Well it might be my favorite ever. Price not for everyone but if i was poor i will save to eat here

• Visited May 2013
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
“Alternative starter”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We booked a table ar 3 Pavaru, at the moment of booking they offered us a type of table but at the arrival they were going to sit us in another place, but this was sorted and put us in a better table.
There is not a permanent menu instead they have daily dishes for all tastes including a vegetarian. Me and my friend we both had fish dishes (tuna&salmon) and they were outstanding.
The staff were great and very cordial.
I highly recommend this restaurant

Visited May 2013