“Ivars”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riviera

Riviera
Ranked #18 of 947 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Central European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Ivars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

The best in Riga. Takes care. You feel great every time:) food is great. Wines selected well. Definately place to come back:)

2 Thank Riga72

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

We sent to Riviera for Lunch and the gaspacho was amazing!!! From the outside terrace to the inside coastal-like the atmosphere is warm and Service is good. Good price/quality balance and nice coffee too!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Oana U
NYC
“Amazing Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We went here on a late night right before the long holiday weekend.

We both thought this place is off the charts. We loved almost everything about the restaurant. One of the best meals I've had in a restaurant.

I ordered the catfish fillet with nuts and it was amazing. My gf got a whole trout and it was off the charts.We also got this seafood salad, I forgot the name but wow was it good!!!

The prices at this place are pretty fair, I would say even cheap but I live in the NYC area.

Also, I thought the crowd there was very good, well dressed nice ppl.

1 Thank LeonNY
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Soup Without Bread?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I usually don't like to leave bad reviews but today's experience at Riviera left me feeling somewhat annoyed, especially as it seems to be so highly regarded by others!

My fiancée and I were seated at a table after a rather cold greeting. After ten minutes, we still hadn't received menus even though it wasn't particularly busy. After finally taking our order, food arrived and my 'special of the day' happened to be a bowl of water with diced carrots as far as I could tell. Given that my grandmother is Italian, it really was a pathetic excuse for a minestrone soup. It looked more like a poor man's attempt at a consommé, only without any flavour. Given that I was quite hungry, I thought that I'd at least be able to fill up on bread but hey, no bread to go with the soup. Needless to say, I wasn't in the mood to purchase anything else given the substandard quality of what we'd already ordered.

There were three or four waiters chatting behind the bar and eating in front of customers - not exactly professional. No one asked if we liked the food, in fact I don't think they cared at all. It was a dull, overpriced, depressing lunch.

There are so many other better places to eat in Riga. Call me cynical, but I suspect that locals enjoy Riviera based on its location and purported class. Either that or we were extremely unlucky on the day.

3 Thank John K
Riga, Latvia
“Nice atmosphere for business, romance (separately) and friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

A superb service (I will repeat myself - unfortunately, not an everyday encounter in Riga restaurants), it really deserves the place in the Top10 of Riga's best restaurants. The food - flawless, the service was great, the atmosphere good for many things and the interior is nice, interesting, classy and cosy at the same time!