“Okay coffee, but don't bother with the brunch”
Review of Index Cafe

Index Cafe
Ranked #3 of 11 Bakeries in Riga
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Our famous coffee, from small local roasterie, recipes are made to prepare coffee with the best flavor, temperature and creamy, bitter balance! Come in and enjoy!! Fresh juices, smoothies, salads, international cusine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bread comes from our bakery. We recommend to taste sandwiches,burgers, baguettes, and pastries, croissants, cakes and much more... And the evening, we recommend GinNights, it is our evening conzept with 101 Gin&Tonics, and our home made G&T perfumes cabinet ! Enjoy or friendly service!
Riga
“Okay coffee, but don't bother with the brunch”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The coffee here is okay, but I wouldn't bother with the brunch. I've been twice to the Pārdaugava Index for brunch, and both times I've noticed that portions of the tastier items (smoked salmon for example) are very limited, and when they end (before noon both times) they are replaced with things such as potato salad. It's also full of children at the buffet table putting their hands all over the food and people bringing dirty plates to the buffet to get more food Yuk.

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
Cologne, Germany
“High Quality Food”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

One of those cafes promoting a healthier lifestyle in Riga. They offer mininalist but high quality food at reasonable prizes. There is business lunch consisting of three courses below 5 lat. The muesli is especially delicious. Tastes a bit like they preserve the fruits somehow in whatever. Ambience also rather minimalistc, audience rather young folks.

• Visited February 2013
“Very nice cafe”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've been to all three Index Cafes. The one on Brivibas has especially good cheese croissants and good baristas ensure good coffee as well as friendly service. Their business lunch has improved and now includes a vegetarian option. They also have a vegetarian eggplant sandwich which is good if you want to grab something to go when you are in a hurry. I usually ask for the lunch special without sour cream but one time it came with sour cream and when I mentioned it, they took it away and brought me another one. That kind of excellent service is pretty rare because at some places not only will they not take any special requests, they will get mad at you for even asking. On another occasion I had the tom yum soup and since it was my first time trying it, I didn't know it came with shrimp, so I removed the shrimp myself. When they came to take away my bowl, they said that next time, they could make it without shrimp without my even having said anything. Really great service.

I've also eaten Sunday brunch at the Index Cafe at Panorama Plaza by Spice Mall. The brunch is good and usually if I am going to Spice and it is a Sunday I will stop first and eat brunch there. I appreciate that they put the chicken in the chicken caesar salad in a separate bowl from the lettuce so that people can add it, if they want to but vegetarians can also eat it without the chicken. The dressing is also on side which is nice so that people can add as much or as little dressing as they want. They also put the feta cheese for the Greek salad off to the side so that if someone is vegan or lactose intolerant, they can have the Greek salad.

Index Cafe has many nice vegetarian options for dinner such as vegetables with various types of sauce such as teriyaki, various curry sauces, etc.

• Visited February 2013
Riga, Latvia
“Friendly service,good quality and acceptable prices”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

On Brivibas Boulvaris IndexCafe provides nice shop to relax. Design is minimalist and chairs are comfortable. The price is quite good to place and menu. I suggest it!

“Nice expansion”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Index Cafe on Brivibas expanded so there's now a second floor. It's pretty nice to sit there and the advantage vs the window seats is that you can watch people walking by, but they can't see you. Their pastries are very good. However, despite being listed in the vegetarian category, their business only very rarely has a vegetarian option for the business lunch. For vegetarians, other places are better, but if you're not vegetarian this is a good option, although a bit expensive compared to many local places.

• Visited October 2012