“Back to the 19th century!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rigas Cirks (Circo di Riga)

Rigas Cirks (Circo di Riga)
Ranked #3 of 9 Concerts & Shows in Riga
Zagreb, Croatia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Back to the 19th century!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Keep in mind it's a historic building and a historic show, and you won't be disappointed.
It's not Cirque de Soleil, or Moira Orfei, but a peek into shows that were held hundred or so years ago when it was opened (well, minus the act on motorbikes).
In my opinion, the young ones will enjoy it the most, but I'm not sorry to have seen it.
You can see tigers and a lion, and many dogs and cats, you can take a photo with a monkey or a snake.
I particularly liked the dancing horse.

We arrived a little late, and we bought the cheapest tickets (5 lats), but were sitted in good seats, as the show was not sold out, so it is also a plus ;)

Visited August 2013

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Historical place.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice and highly professional performances. Small arena, small lobby, small cloakroom, lack of fresh air. It is a very historical building and you have to keep it in mind. Then it will give you some nice experience.

Riga, Latvia
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Not too far from the train station”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

If you like circus, go there, you won't be disappointed. The stuff they show is pretty much the same in other circuses, but still, it's cool, its awesome, it's fun.

1 Thank oa2
Turin, Italy
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Looks like a prison”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I wanted to go there very very much, but when I arrived in front of it, I found it looks like a prison. The show is mainly about animals such as dogs and bears, so I quickly lost interest in it.

Visited November 2012
Manchester, England
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Interesting experince - Old style circus fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

After walking past the Circus building in city centre Riga we decided to go get a ticket. The nice old lady spoke no word of English, only Russian! But she was clearly used to this and just wrote down the dates for the next circus showings and the ticket prices. We got 2 tickets, It came to about 8-12 laht (I can't remember exactly) Yet to our surprise we were sat on the front row!

Now the front row meant you had, at times, a walrus sat on you and dribbling all over you! A monkey coming over to see you and all sorts of other animals and people! One 'scary' part was - the presenter, it was all in Latvian obviously, was picking out people from the audience at random! Being on the front row, and my girlfriend being the only Chinese person in the building I was dreading him picking me/us as my Latvian isn't good enough!! Luckily he didn't! Great evening at the Circus though!

Visited November 2011