“Great again!”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I often have a meal at Gan Bei when I go to Riga. I really enjoy it every time! The food is great and the cocktails too. This time it was even better because the place was not crowded and our waiter was really kind and helpful. We spent less than 40 Euros, in two, for two cocktails, a full meal, desserts and coffee. Great!

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We went to the Gan Bei as we had one outside of our hotel and love Japanese food. The decor is good, the prices are reasonable, the staff are great and there is an extensive menu; the only problem is that nearly all of makis have Philadphia cheese. I don't mind Philadelphia, but when almost every maki on the menu has it, in large amounts, it's a bit too much.

Also there was too much rice and not enough fish, but in general if you're looking for reasonably priced makis in a nice environment, then this place won't let you down.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Due to the excellent good looking of the restaurant I went to have a diner. The staff is limit to be as unfriendly.
I have ordered very specifically an unspicy meal (what was noted as unspicy on the menu).
I received the most spicy meal I have ever eaten. When I asked the waiter, she just said that it was noted as unspicy on the menu ! - She had nothing to bare to my enquiry...I felt that it was a pleasure for her to see me upset.
The quality of the overhaul food is good but I think the manager should pay more attention to the people he hire and especially to the customers he serves.
I will avoid this restaurant in the future due to my taste of less spicy meals even if Japanese restaurant can serve correct spicy food (I am travelling all year long and it is the first time I meet this trouble.
I would say that I would not have made this note on Trip Advisor if the service would have been more professional... and would have proposed me a change of meal free of charge or other.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had several dishes in this restaurant and we were very pleased with the food. Serving worked, they had high chairs for babies, dishes were excellent and the drinks were great. I will definitely visit this restaurant again the next time I am in Riga.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had sushi one evening in the Gan Bei city restaurant in the Galleria shopping center. I have seen a lot of variety in sushi (San Francisco Japantown, New York, Washington DC) but this variety was simply mind-boggling. If you are into great sushi and you would like to try new things it's a great place!
The only recommendation for the chef: the avocado in the california rolls could have been way softer.