“Perfect place for eating and spending time with friends or family.”
Review of Gan Bei

Gan Bei
Ranked #139 of 1,091 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Good restaurant, wonderful food for different tastes. Also good place to eat sushi. Prices very affordable.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

They have many restaurants around Riga and menus differ, I have been to the one in Origo shopping centre and Galeria Riga shopping centre (this one I found better in choice of food). The pricing is quite good and a lot of dishes to choose from. They have different Asian food - Japaneese, Chineese, Indian, Thai. The atmosphere is nice too.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Ok food ok service, a bit loud music.
Sushi is fresh and taste good, service is efficient.
Tea is good prices are ok for Riga. Coffee not so good. Deserts quite good for a sushi place.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

I have been to Gan Bei several times in Spice and also in Riga Plaza and Moles Mall, all in Riga. We were back in the States for the holidays so we just ate there again this week since returning back to Riga for a few more months. The food is pretty good and portions are average. Their fried rice is always very dry and disappointing. The spicy chicken is fair but is almost always lukewarm as are most dishes I have tried. My favorite is the spring rolls, they are the best item on the menu to me. The "chicken balls" I won't even try because it just sounds awful! Looks like processed chicken. Ugh. My husband has ordered them and didn't think they were anything to rave about.

The atmosphere is ok but the music is always very loud and the same rapid and repetitive rhythm...I think the same song plays all day! I am usually overly complimentary but the service is Gan Bei is always below average. We joke that we never have a waitress that smiles! Except there is one at the Moles mall that actually engaged in conversation. We look for her when we go! Otherwise they are short and very business-like, not friendly at all.

Overall, we are thankful to have a place in Riga to get some decent Asian food but think they could go a long way by improving service and serving hot food.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

We went 2 times within 1 week. Very good service, guest orientated. They have also daily menus from which you can enjoy a variety of dishes for a bargain. I would definitely go back again next time I will be in Riga.