“Nice atmosphere, good cookies”
Review of Fazenda Bazars

Fazenda Bazars
Ranked #85 of 1,091 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Excellent food in neighborhood house.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I ate one time at the Fazenda on Baznicas St. and my risotto was indelible because the rice hadn't been cooked thoroughly. Perhaps it was an off night but I have been hesitant to try the food since then. However I have gone several times to the Fazenda at 7 Nometnu St. in Pardaugava and had coffee and cookies there and that was fine.

If you are going to eat here, I recommend looking at what other people are eating and that way you are more likely to have a good meal. The prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Lovely Interior like grannies countryside house, but the food is just average, A good place for relaxing with friends, or taking mom out for a Sunday chat.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Return visit, found this restaurant when here a year ago. it was still as charming as I remembered it, with great atmosphere, great food and impressive wine list, all at a very affordable price. Next time I am in Riga, I will return.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I used to go to this place whenever I came to Riga, but since last year, this place is a no-go for me. Only good thing about this place is how the food looks. Trust me, it looks magnificent! That's about it! It tastes horrible, chef obviously loves vinegar - it's everywhere except in desert.

Waiters have this look in their eyes like they are willing to kill you.. not a single smile is shared to anyone, no please or thank you. Waiters also have no work clothes, basically they wear what ever they want. Although that's completely fine with me, I'm surprised that one waiter in particular would choose to wear winter boots while serving people.. this leads to very distinct feet smell whenever she's around.

2  Thank martinsvi
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Fazenda is a concept. One of my companions said 'Shabby Chic' and being a marketing guy from Sweden, I'll go with that. I've come across similar decor recently in Dublin, Barcelona, Kosice and St Petersburg. Now I know what it's called and I guess it's a trend. A cross between your grandmothers parlor and a junk shop, the ambience is meant to be relaxing and familiar. It's hard to get right and Fazenda doesn't quite make it. I think it's the lighting, which is somewhat cold. And the food doesn't quite make it either. The menu, like the decor, is a mix and match affair that betrays an unsure hand: the pasta was over cooked (do kitchens not have timers these days?); some combinations just didn't work (baked avocado with cheese anyone?). The salads and meat were quite good. The deserts strange. I had the weirdest carrot cake I have ever encountered. I know it's different everywhere and this is one reason I order it but what arrived was more like a quiche: flat and not sweet, with slices of carrot running through it. I would say it's worth a visit for it's 'Shabby Chic' and you may hit the right menu combination. And the staff are very friendly.

1  Thank Sandy3939