“Great Self Service”

Lido
Ranked #73 of 1,105 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: European, Latvian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Latvian cuisine in the heart of Riga. View of one of Riga's most beautiful parks. Hearty breakfast buffet with free coffee. In summer, enjoy the beautiful view and delicious cuisine on the outdoor terrace.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

In our three days in Riga we visit twice this restaurant. A self service with a huge variety of dishes.
Very clean and tasty food and good value for money. Clean toilets.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I was in Riga for 8 days and ate here several times! The food is cheap, delicious, and the restaurant is clean. It's a great place to grab lunch or dinner when you're out and tired and just want a simple meal without worrying about translation, though in Riga I had very little trouble with language barriers.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Although they position themselves as "Latvian ambiente", I believe that our city and country is something more than German pub-style "singen" as background music and most of dishes being a true cholesterol bomb.

Nevertheless, there are some things that are OK. I went there for plain crepes that I have to admit are good (and well worth the price). But, as I was passing through the hall, I heard the kichen staff discussing (I assume) the working conditions they have. Ehm, if this was a TV show, it would have an eternal beeping instead of talks. One of the guys was swearing so badly, a horseman would go blushing. OK, maybe for foreigners that would ring a bell. But there were also locals. WITH KIDS!!! Do I believe this is a kid friendly place. Hell no. I wouldn't even say that this is a grown-up friendly place.

Not asking for conflicts too often, but this time I really went to those guys and asked them to shut the hell up.

On the other hand I have to admit, that some servers are quite nice - like the ladies that were pouring in drinks from barrels and the cashiers.

1  Thank FerFreak
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice in two days - once for breakfast and once for dinner. Fresh food. Clean. Lots of choices. Great price for the quantity. Good for families.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

A self service restaurant,very economic but a good step to try latvian cousine.you can to get from insalate to dessert.All product are very good.