“Absolutely fantastic”

Folkklubs Ala Pagrabs
Ranked #14 of 1,091 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Folkklubs ALA Pagrabs - Traditional Latvian Folk Club with the largest selection (27 beers!) Of only local beer on tap, modern-traditional cusine and live music and concerts 6 nights a week, as well as folk dancing on wednesdays. Traditional and local atmosphere and culture! Peldu iela 19, Old Town Riga, Latvija, LV-1050
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I booked this restaurant for 11 people over email from the uk and they were so helpful. When we arrived everything was ready for us. We all ordered starters and mains and lots of drinks. If you go do not order starters and main course as the food is massive so choose either or. My friend and I shared the the beer platter with cheese & meat which was amazing then for main I have the sautéed veg, salmon with cheese. The food was truly amazing and the lady serving us was fantastic. The bill came to 15 lats each which was unbelievable, it had a fantastic atmosphere and was full of locals.

1  Thank trix_vix
Write a ReviewReviews (3,577)

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Waiters can around huge stacks of beer cups. It's a miracle the cups don't fall down. Cheap enough beer, very crowded. Good traditional bread.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Local food and drinks (try local beer- they plenty of them!), music, lots of students and a good service. Great times!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

A simple place with well made traditional food for a good price. Great beers and nice atmosphere. The place seems to attract a lot of locals and the bar is busy selling beer. There is usually a live band, so if you want a quite dinner stay away from the chairs near the small stage. There are many cozy corners, where you can hide and drink beer with your friends. I love this place for its happy energy and simple no frills atmosphere. Ok, maybe they try a tiny bit too much to be 'authentic' but it is not over the top. Highly recommend in Riga.

1  Thank Indiehop
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I visited this place last night. From outside it didn't look up to much; stepped inside, down the stairs and found myself in this lovely cellar. I must have been the oldest person in there, lots of student types. I only popped in for one beer. On the recommendation of the very friendly barman, I took a large Madonas beer. Excellent! Tonight was a Karaoke night., but the karaoke came with a twist. Live musicians came to the table and customers were invited (coerced) into singing. After the beer this was not as difficult a task as might otherwise be imagined. I decided to stay for another beer and dinner. Food was traditional and tasty. Four large beers, a starter (grey pea dumplings I think, which i'd recommend) and two main meals; all for about £20. Coupled with the entertainment this was a good night out. Highly recommend, not just to hose on a budget.

1  Thank Neil H