“Cheap room with good location”

Cheap & Good Apartments
Ranked #100 of 147 Specialty Lodging in Riga
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Don´t expect to get a luxury apartment for this price level. The apartment was spacios and quite clean (the beds were...hmmmm not so nice), there is no fridge but they offer free wifi. Location was good, it´s about 400 meters to the central railway station. The staff was very helpfull and nice. We had a apartment on the upper floor, no elevator.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 14, 2012

3 nights in couple, in a private room with bathroom.
Apartment is not great but acceptable for the low price. The room was big enough, the bathroom quite clean. The owner very friendly and hospitable, we did have discounts at various places where we can eat and drink. Very close to the center, 5-10 minutes walk.
There is no sign or indication to find apartments, in fact, they sent us an email with a phone number to call once we are out there, then entering a hidden door and making three flights of stairs to get to your destination.
In general, very cheap and quite good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We (myself and my wife) stayed at the apartment for 1 night in the middle of June 2011.

Pros:
- The location was brilliant, just 2 min walk to the old town and railway station.
- Price - 25 Eu (18 Lvl) only for two big rooms in apartment (for 4 persons in total, but we were only two!!) with en-suite facilities.
- We had convenient beds in the apartment and felt ourselves very comfortable.
- Also the great owner Yaroslav who met us at the entrance and then gave us many discount coupons for some bars and restaurants in Riga as well as free maps and advices and arranged fast and good priced taxi to Riga airport at 4.20 in the morning. Many thanks to him!!

Cons:
No at all.

Resume:
I will stay there again for sure!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sergeika30
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The first thing I would say is that I had no problem with the staff their at all. They were nice people and helped us with getting taxi's and telling us where places are.

Now the bad part
- Nazi symbol on the wall as you entered the building

- Dirty bathroom, now this goes further into things such as mold growing in the shower, dirty mirror, dirty toilet paper, dirty floor. The toilet brush was indescribable.

- The room that me and two of my friends were staying in only had two single beds and a futon. The futon was mine and was disgusting. It had crumbs and stains all over it and the sheets were filthy. It looked as though they had not been changed since the last person had used it. both me and my friends felt these were too disgusting to sleep directly on, so I put clothing over the pillow and wore my clothes to sleep in. we could not stay anywhere else because their were 10 of us in total.

I cannot advise you enough to stay somewhere else!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank theoriginaljp
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I have recently been to this Guest House in the center of Riga.
A few minutes by feet from here and you are at the railway station, and also very close to some big malls. It took my family and I 10 minutes (walking distance) to reach the old center of Riga, Vecriga, the old town, that is simply fantastic!
The owner Yaroslav and his staff were extremely helpful and kind, they will give you some discounts for restaurants and the chance to book a service from the airport to the guest house at a cheaper price. Be careful! In Latvia they have the local currency, 1 lat is 1,41 euros, so I found lots of places to be very expensive (1 coffee = 1 lat). Lido restaurants are good for families and for students, recommended!
Our room was very wide, but some dust had been staying there for the whole stay (under the beds), and our bed sheets did not cover our mattresses, so I felt a little uncomfortable when I thought that my feet and my head were on the same place where the feet and the head of somebody else were...Our shower worked on the very first days and it sometimes the water didn't come out from the pipes, I guess because there was a problem with the water pressure. After a full walking day outside you cannot take a shower! Ans also, consider that the rooms (recently refurbished and new) are at the 4th and the 5th floor of a very old building, and no elevator is there. The staircase is not the best if you have kids or for elder guests.
The windows have not a proper shutter, so you will wake up at 5.30 am as the sun will invade the room with its light!
The place is perfect as it is in the center, but the accomodation is very basic (our toilet paper was over 2 days before the end of out stay, too!).
But you pay for a cheap service, so probably this is what you get.

Room Tip: read the other reviews on this accomodation on booking.com
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Francy1978
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I loved this hotel! It's near the Old Riga, and a bus station ir very near. Room was clean and tidy, provided with all facilities that I needed. Also, the staff was perfect! Showed me all places that I could get a discount and to buy souvenirs and other things cheaper. Even showed me a nice cafe to sit and relax with a huge discount. In this hotel I felt like at home. Hope to come back there soon.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank Simona01
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I think it's a best place to stay if you want to get perfect facilities and be really near to Riga's old town, and also to pay low price. We've got maps and suggestions what to visit and how to get there. We even could choose from night and day program. : ) Also we could get many discounts for taxi, attraction places etc. The owner is really nice, kind and caring person. We were surprised and happy about staying there. : )

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends