“Small, great service, delicious! Try the T”
Review of Piejura

Piejura
Ranked #67 of 1,062 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Latvian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I happened into Piejura and had a lovely meal with wonderful service at reasonable prices. I had the cold beet soup (borchst to me :~) was delicious ... I had the meat filled dumplings.. very good... My husband had delicious potato pancakes... YUM... The restaurant is quite small (less than 10 tables), but there are two "sister" restaurants on either side that are equally good. Be sure to save a bit of room for the traditional Latvia dessert, it is a drink called "Tuuliku Kama" which is kefir and a flour mixture with berries... sort of like a smoothie, but soooooo good!! don't miss it..

1  Thank savvytravelerCal

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great restaurant serving Latvian, Estonian and Lithuanian. It 'very central and very cute. The staff is friendly and helpful. We were suggested wonderfully on dishes to order. I recommend you try the red beet soup (it has a flavor that you do not expect!!) and fish. There are also excellent cappellinai (zeppelin), a typical dish of Lithuania. They also have the black salve, a typical liqueur in the Baltic States: we tried two types, but I recommend the bitter type!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Although I didn't see anything special or typical in the menu (how can you call a steak a typical Latvian dish?!) I enjoyed the food I ordered and I would recommend this restaurant. The place is very small but clean and the staff is friendly. The prices are average, not too cheap but not even expensive. I tasted a kefir dessert which I particularly like. I would go there again !

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The portions were big! It was a great place to have a taste of Baltic cuisine. They put an effort in the presentation and the atmosphere. I had a great meal and the staff was very nice.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely relaxing dinner at Piejura. I had black pudding with mash which was under €7 and my boyfriend had pig knuckle which was €17 but absolutely huge. With a side of cabbage too we were both stuffed. We nearly didn't visit as we couldn't see inside from the street but don't let that put you off. Inside the ship decor is interesting and the young, blonde waiter we had was great.

1  Thank ajs245