“Probably the Best Hostel in Riga”
Review of Blue Cow Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Riga
Blue Cow Hostel
Ranked #23 of 144 Specialty Lodging in Riga
Antalya, Turkey
“Probably the Best Hostel in Riga”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've stayed in this hostel for three days in April 2013. Hostel is clean, rooms are cosy, bathrooms are big and clean too. The stuff is great,helping you wıth anything you need and explaining any info about the city. During my stay i felt like it was my home and didn't want to leave. I would stay there if i visit Riga again someday. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank dancingmushrooms

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Been here 2 times, in summer and on new years eve and both times were excellent. This place is more like home rather than hostel. Warm carpets, nice furniture, perfect location, very open and friendly staff.
Dont hesitate what to choose if you want lovely, quiet vacations. Btw they have "brother" hostel with parties and clubbing facilities

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Julia_Gallagher
Rijeka, Croatia
Reviewed December 7, 2012

On june 2011 I was strolling through the old town looking for place to stay. The unusuall name of this hostel atrracted me from the very first moment so I jumped in to take a look and decided to stay. I stayed there two nights only because of the train for Moscow which I had to catch but Riga old town and Blue cow hostel definitely will stay in my memory for long time and for sure I `ll go back there. I have only the best words for the host (guy from Australia and his good looking wife from Latvia) they were really like some friends from across the hall, their staff is great and combine this with ocean of good beer in pubs of old town, good looking chicks and great market in the gray part of Riga, those are the best things I am looking for.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed two nights in October in a eight-bed room, but I miss it so much! 10 minute walk to the bus and train stations. It is really a boutique-type hostel, which is like if you stayed at your friend abroad who has quite a big family. I can only confirm the best words of other reviewers.
I could not imagine why I would stay anywhere else if I can go back to this beautiful city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights and were very happy with our overall experience. The espresso machine brewed great coffee and the wifi was fast. There's a computer and printer for use. There are drinks and beers for sale for 1 Lat. Gunni was so very helpful in helping us find things to do. She provides maps and brochures too! It was very comfortable and immaculate. The location is in a great area in old town where most of the interest points are. Definitely will stay here again if we come back. Thanks Gunni;)

• Stayed October 2012
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed September 23, 2012

While Riga itself was a beautiful experience, the Blue Cow Barracks made a stay in the city a pure delight. The hostel is located very much in the center of Riga, in a vibrant neighborhood. It was super tidy, and the staff was extremely helpful. We stayed in the private rooms, and these provided 3 if not 4 star comfort. We really really liked this hostel and wish that there are more such places which we can visit.

Room Tip: If you are traveling as a family or close friend circle, we recommend the private rooms, where you h...