“Good cuisine and cocktails”

Lidojosa Varde The Flying Frog
Ranked #31 of 1,039 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located close to several embassies in Riga, this restaurant is a popular place among locals and expats.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I visited this place twice and I will def go back. It is a place where you can chill out with friends, having a good cocktail and a nice meal in a quiet environment.
I warmly suggest to try the pork meat with caramelized onions! Even though they lost a couple of orders when we were there for the first time, the problem was sorted few minutes later (which is king of uncommon for Riga)

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very friendly service and really tasty food for a reasonable price. Portions were big, suggesting half of the portion if you´re not really hungry.

1  Thank Keitz06
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We ate here at the recommendation of friends who live in Riga. The food was visually appealing and hot on arrival to the table. The portions were generous; we were quite hungry and were well satfisfied when finished. The pricing was quite reasonable - about 8-10 E/person. There were 4 of us: hamburger and fries, shrimp pasta, chicken with mango sauce and fries, Latvian ribs with roasted potatoes. Each item was very tasty. We have selected this as the restaurant we will return to on our last night in Riga.

1  Thank Lynn L
Reviewed June 10, 2014

If I have to meet someone special for lunch or dinner, this is my first choice in Riga.
Dishes are tasty and in well-sized portions, service is fast and the stuff is most helpful.
Decorations are fun, there is also a playroom for kids, but it doesn't mean it's a noisy place, I have never been disturbed.

1  Thank Sabine A
Reviewed May 18, 2014

nice to sit there at warm days and slurp a beer, but don't order food. I had there "succulent pork kebab", which turned out to be a bunch of greasy and cold pieces of whatever meat, which took 40 min to get prepared. Fries dripping of fat. My friend ordered a "salmon burger" with dried out fish. Just stick to the beer!

2  Thank Chris H