“Not bad, but not perfect”
Review of ESPA Riga

ESPA Riga
Ranked #1 of 57 Spas & Wellness in Riga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ESPA Riga is the largest five-star spa in the Baltic and Scandinavian region, offering an exclusive five star facility with luxurious interior design finishes, warm amber tones and an architectural central feature staircase embellished with a beautiful lighting sculpture from the renowned designer Eva Menz. The six floor spa has been uniquely tailored to provide a genuinely holistic and restorative experience for each guest and member.
Riga, Latvia
“Not bad, but not perfect”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had a gift card for the treatment-massage. It contained massage of back,shoulders and head. Everything was fine but not as good as I expected from 5-star SPA. It was quite unuseful to put the mask in my hair while I was sitting/laying on my back - she could reach only some part of my hair, not all. And I got only one sholder massaged-onather she forgot or may be time was over. Whole treatment took only 30 min instead of 40 as described.
Food was very good at spa cafe.

Visited November 2012
ESPA_Riga, Public Relations Manager at ESPA Riga, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your constructive feedback and regret to hear that you were not fully satisfied with our Spa services and they didn't meet your expectations. We always try to anticipate our guest needs and are glad that you share with us your experience.

I want to ensure you that we take guest comments seriously to improve standards of service quality we wish to offer to our guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we will do our best to make you next visit to our Spa centre pleasant.

• Finnish first
Riga, Latvia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“feel like in seventh heaven”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We - I and my wife make a present for each other on 15th anniversary of our marriage, and we were visited ESPA Riga, to enjoy special offer - Day Spa Rituals complex. Which include visiting of spa, top (6th) floor spa area, and massage (back, shoulders, neck head), and face & hand cleaning procedure.
Yes, it was awesome, all the time we feel as VIP. We spent there half of day, and I think we will return to enjoy it again. This complex cost for each person 75,-LVL (approximately 100,-EUR). Not cheap, but reasonably for this level of service.

Visited October 2012
ESPA_Riga, Marketing Manager at ESPA Riga, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Ernests74,

Thank you for taking your time to post the comment about ESPA Riga and sharing it with other Tripadvisor members. We really appreciate your positive review about our Spa and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit.

Looking forward to see you next time!
Jessheim, Norway
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Professional care”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

From the moment you enter the Spa you feel special, and all the people you meet are pleasent and professional in their handling of you.
A very pleasant massage of my back, neck and shoulderarea was topped of with facetreatment and massage that almost made me fall asleep. The only reason I didn't beeing afraid to miss the great experience.
So in conclusion, if you want to feel VIP and pampered, This is a good place.

1 Thank BSkaug
Karlsruhe, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Waste of money if you do not buy a treatment”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I paid around 30eur for the spa only, no treatment. It was a waste of money, there was only one pool, one whirlpool, two saunas, and one hotbath. I was not allowed to enter the top floor where they have more saunas, rest area, etc.. I thought it was a joke when staff told me " sorry no access to the roof top spa, only if you buy treatments...". Very dissappointed, i have to rate this spa low due to the fact that the spa only is just overpriced.

Experience might be different if you add treatments.

3 Thank Andyrany2012
ESPA_Riga, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at ESPA Riga, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Andyrany 2012!
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your recent visit to ESPA Riga.
Our pricing has been carefully set to be comparable to that of similar properties in the area and we feel the value given is in line with the central location and extensive facilities available. To fully enjoy the Spa experience and to take benefit from all of the Spa facilities we always recommend to our guests to book at least a one our ESPA facial or body treatment which provides the guest with full access to the 6th floor level and enabling time to relax and enjoy the heat and wet experiences.

We value your comments and feedback and we will review them with our management team as our aim is always to strive to improve our guest service and exceed expectations.

Thank you once again to share your feedback.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I ordered a 50minutt aromatherapi and it was fabulus from the beginning to the end. The place is fantastic and make you relax.