“Expected more”
Review of Salve

Salve
Ranked #26 of 1,015 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Latvian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: "Salve" - a restaurant that represents Riga city cuisine There's no better way to express the uniqueness of the people, its habits and tastes than through national cuisine. Restaurant Salve offers a taste of traditional Latvian cuisine in an elegant city manner. Restaurant Salve, which is located in the historic Blue Guard House which is part of the complex of the House of Blackheads on the Town Hall Square - the heart of Old Riga - is the right place to look for exquisite cuisine and enjoy the specialties of the capital. We offer to appraise the elegant and at the same time cozy atmosphere of the restaurant with a fine Dutch style interior to all citizens of Riga and its guests. Internationally trained chefs and waiters guarantee exquisite food flavor and high service standards. In Latin, "Salve" means - "Welcome!" Which excellently reflects the essence of the restaurant, as each guest is gladly welcome there.
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We had the Latvian degustation menu.
The meal was very quick, it seemed that everything was allready prepared...
The service was friendly but not fantastic.
Based on the reviews I read here (4th restaurant in Riga) and the advice at the hotel I expected more from the experience. But it is not bad.

There are newer reviews for Salve

Reviewed October 1, 2010

I went there on my last visit to Riga and I was pleasantly surprised.
First of all, it is located in the old town which makes it very convenient to get there. Secondly - the food was amazing! It’s traditional Latvian / Russian food there, so some dishes might appear strange at first but trust me, they are well worth the try! Delicious!
Finally, when we got there, we were met at the door by a smiling waiter, led to our table and looked after throughout the whole evening. And the quite buzz and people’s whispers just made us feel very welcome. A place I would definitely suggest visiting! :)

1  Thank Patricija_G
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We came to Riga expecting a dinner with fresh fish.
We followed recommendation for halibut on oak; it was really marvellous.

Reviewed September 23, 2010

I am an expat, living abroad for many years, but returning to Riga quite regularly. The location of this restaurant in the very heart of Old Riga, as well as its excellent cuisine makes Salve my 1st choice to invite my friends from abroad to taste local specialities and to begin their acquaintance with the city.

1  Thank expatLuxembourg
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Salve has never failed my family in Riga: its central and fun location, its courteous stuff and delicious food bring us back to this place every year we travel to Latvia. Do not miss out on healthy deer meat for the main course, and a unique desert with buckthorn berries (if they still offer it). This place is friendly for kids as well. Highly recommend this place to anyone!

1  Thank jason1435