“Sorry to say: Better before”
Review of Kalku Varti

Kalku Varti
Ranked #85 of 1,053 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Restaurant is nice and has a central location in Old town.
Service is quite good, but better before.
Menu is quite tempting but lacks renewing.
When it comes to preparing of the food we found it disappointing, meet not tender, presentation could be better.
So all in all we experience that the level is lower than 2 years ago and not worth the price.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We ate here after been recommended by our hotel as Vincents were fully booked. We were certainly not disappointed especially after reading the last review! It was a wonderful evening and the food was excellent. Our coats were hung up on arrival with no charge, I was even offered a blanket to wrap around me when I went outside for a cigarette( it was a very cold evening)! The setting is really nice and a two piece band played music. The food was beautiful and you could tell it had been well thought about, in flavours and presentation. The restaurant soon filled up with many people, many of them locals. It isn't the cheapest place but you get what you pay for! Also it is ideally situated in the middle of old Riga in the pretty square. The staff were very attentive and pleasant. The bread, which by the way was a really good selection with different flavoured butters was complimentary, as was a very delightful amuse bouche. Would definitely visit again if in Riga.

1  Thank Tracye71
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Had lunch here in nice weather sitting outside, really enjoyed it. Spacious both outside and inside with chic furniture and decoration. Central location in Old Town. The meny was full of food that seemed exciting and delicious, as we only had lunch today (and it was good!) I would want to go back later and check out the dinner options. Seems like a great place for larger groups, like business or parties of friends.

1  Thank Anders H
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Kalku Varti is a place I go to sit outside on a sunny day - service is usually good and they have great placement so I was there both in Easter April and now in May.
Have had a bit different of their food and deserts the last years and it goes in a range of 3/5 to 4/5 to my opinion. But if Y can seat outside in the sun its one of the better in old town for food. And in that area the best one I will say.
Sadly they don't have dark Latvian beer for sale but they do have Barbar from Belgium - hope they will upgrade with some more different beers for the summer.
So if Y want a lot of sun its a safe bet for dining and drinks.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

A chef in Italy recommended to try this special restaurant and I am absolutely satisfied. Extremely professional service, elegant simple furniture , design decoration and friendly staff welcome you in this special place. Try the tasting menu for a 360* palate tour of local food and beautiful dish presentation. Local produces made into innovative dishes match a superb wine list...I will definitely return for the goat cheese soup and birch juice:) !well done KALKU VARTI

1  Thank 06032013ff