All reviews salt room grand suite excellent spa lovely pool old town upgraded to a junior suite spa area beautiful hotel steam room luxury hotel swimming pool beautiful room breakfast was delicious interior design stayed for two nights loved this hotel rooms are spacious
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our first visit to Riga and what a treat to arrive into town and walk into a swanky new hotel for three nights. The decor is inviting as are the wonderful staff who greeted our group at reception. Even our porter delivered a fabulous spiel on how to use all the lights and gadgets in our room.

Trip type: Traveled on business
SemaraHHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Poet Hotel by Semarah, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Tanchez,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at Grand Poet Hotel! It is our pleasure to know you have enjoyed hotel`s diplomatic and bohemian design, as well as the service provided by our team. Looking forward to be welcoming you back as our guests!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed 4 nights in a Junior suite
Room was comfortable,modern and clean but had a connecting door so I had the pleasure of listening to the guest next door every night which wasn't great when trying to sleep . Breakfast was good . I enjoyed the bar for everything drinks and found staff professional yet warm
We used the hotel's airport transport service and were happy with this service. Hotel is in a good location. I would stay again if my room didn't have a connecting door

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear armagh222,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback following your stay at Grand Poet Hotel! We are pleased to know you have enjoyed our continental breakfast selection and restaurant/bar "SNOB". Also, we are happy to read you enjoyed our luxury transfer service from the airport. We appreciate your feedback and looking forward to be welcoming you back in the near future at Grand Poet!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My favorite hotel in Riga. Superb service, very comfortable, everything that you need. And the location is just the best.
I cant praise enough for the hotel staff, they are so friendly, professional and helphul. 10 star service.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Regiina1,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback following your stay at Grand Poet Hotel! It is our greatest pleasure to know you have enjoyed the hotel`s location and service provided by our team. We appreciate your feedback and looking forward to be welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our room was superb; big and comfortable. The hotel service was very efficient and friendly and the front desk staff excellent. Breakfast buffet could be improved somewhat by offering proper orange juice instead of cordial and cooking the bacon a little more! All in all a wonderful stay and I will certainly return. Many thanks to all concerned.

Dear Admiralpeter,

Thank you for staying at Grand Poet Hotel and for sharing your feedback following your recent stay! We are happy to know you have enjoyed the service provided by our team and the room comfort. We appreciate your feedback and looking forward to be welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed May 11, 2019

Location & Hotel & Restaurant
This actually quite nice 5-star hotel is located right at the edge of the old city-centre (you only have to cross a street and it takes you another 1-2 min by foot and you are just there). All in all, the hotel has a restaurant, bar (special deal 2-for-1 of selected cocktails from 5-7pm), and a SPA area.

Room
The grand suite was spacious and nicely designed - a mix of classical and modern design. The suite had no balcony but plenty of sitting areas which was actually quite nice. The windows were absolutely sound proof.

Bathroom
The size and quality of the bathroom was excellent with a free standing bathtub and two separate (enclosed) areas for the toilet (which was attached to the wall at a quite low hight so that taller people like me may find it uncomfortable to sit on) and the spacious walk-in shower. All is covered in nice marble. Double sink as is common for such suites.

Cleanliness
There was a serious issue with the cleanliness so that I had to make a complaint to the hotel manager. I found the remains of a cigarette in the shower which was of course quite disgusting and we wondered whether other parts of the suite were properly cleaned given that such remains were not discovered by the cleaning staff. The hotel manager dealt with the complaints very professional, sincerely apologised, and we received a generous compensation. Thanks for handling this issue in a very professional way. However, it should not come up in the first place.

Hotel Staff
Very friendly hotel staff. Excellent service.

Breakfast & Lunch & Dinner area
The breakfast & lunch & dinner area (restaurant) is actually quite nice and has different sitting areas so that it does not feel so big. However, the breakfast was only OK and it did not meet the standard of an international 5-star hotel (the scrambled eggs were awful, you get your coffee from a coffee automat, not enough selection of cheese and salami, no bread rolls available at that time etc.). I disliked the fact that you had to go to a different room for the orange juice, water, and sparkling wine (how is this even possible). Another serious issue was that many fellow guests came to have breakfast in their “best“ clothing. I really think that there should be a dress code because sitting in a 5-star hotel next to people who basically wear a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops is unacceptable (do that at home or at the beach!). We do not claim, however, that fellow guests must dress-up to enjoy the public areas of the hotel, but this type of behaviour is disgusting (the hotel could ask their guests to dress more appropriate in future).

Internet & Parking
Free and fast internet. The parking is somewhat expensive (30€) and you have to use their parking service, if you come by car (or you park it somewhere in the vicinity of the hotel by yourself). First, I was concerned how it would be when you arrive by car on this busy street but it was very easy and there were no problems. It is a three-lane one-way street and you simply park the car in front of the hotel entrance (there were already other cars waiting to be brought to the parking space). There is enough space in front of the hotel; so, do not worry. Allow for 20-30 min to have your car brought back to the hotel. I disliked the fact that my car was actually quite dirty from the outside when it came back. That should not be the case.

Spa
They have a SPA and offer massages and other beauty procedures, but we did not check the SPA area. You have to wear swimwear (I dislike this and therefore I did not go).

Price-Quality Ratio
This hotel is all in all well-priced.

Final Conclusions
This 5-star hotel is still OK, but the standards could be higher (breakfast, cleanliness, lack of a proper dress code etc.). My complaint concerning the cleanliness was dealt with in a very professional way and I may even come back because of this (which I would usually not do). However, the hotel is located right at the old city-centre. Fellow guests dress below standard at breakfast and that is quite off-putting. All in all, we do have mixed feelings about our stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear JohnSG2011,

Thank you for choosing Grand Poet Hotel and for taking time to share your feedback! It is our greatest pleasure to know you have enjoyed the Grand Suite room comfort and its amenities. Also, we appreciate your compliments towards the service provided by our team. We are glad to hear the issue with the cleanliness was solved in a professional way from our side. Looking forward to be welcoming you back as our guest in the future in order to prove our high-level standards!