“Average hotel, good location”

Rixwell Gertrude Hotel
Ranked #24 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Vantaa, Finland
“Average hotel, good location”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Room was clean and nice but hot. Air condition did not work. There was a fan in the room. Receptionist told that air condition doesn't work because hotel was full. Breakfast was below average and very small breakfast room. Had to wait some time for table. Trolleybus goes in front of hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure the A/C works.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I reserved this hotel by comparing price/service/location raiting. On arrival at 16:00 h I was surprised that I cannot access my room due to "other quests left the room late and room maid need time to clen up the room"... wow... I was tired, wanted to put my baggage down, lay down to the bed and watch TV. I was really dissapointed - only simple excuse and that's it!!! What if I would arrive at 14:00 as per my reservation? So, we went to the caffee for food; one hour later room was still not ready!!! Wow. The hotel was OK, the room was OK but the service and planning... Very dissappointed!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Serass
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I reserved hotel Gertrude as the internet rate was quite low comparing to other Riga hotels of that class and I wasn't disappointed. Location is not exactly central, which I considered an advantage, it is yet not far- some walk away from main sites and attractions but walking the streets of Riga is a pleasant experience by itself. There are buses running by nearby streets anyway. Friendly and helpful staff, good atmosphere, free internet with possibility of check-in and printing of boarding card, tasty breakfast, tea and coffee available in the lobby for 24 hrs. Our room was big with high ceiling- great advantage of old buidings, very clean, bathroom was spotless. Importantly the street was calm in the night, that part of the city is kind of laid-back area and we enjoyed that fact a lot. I would definitely recommend the place to my friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank skoczmd
Tallinn
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Top room 609, quiet, big and comfortable.
Very nice breakfast and beautiful hotel. About 20 min walk to the Old Town, as said is not a problem. We do recommend it to anyonem that wants agood value, cosy hotel near the centre.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Unarubia
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel at old building at Riga. About 1,5km walk to old city. Good breakfast. Free wifi but dont work at room. Helpful staff. Good value. Shops near. Hotel dont have restaurant but many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed November 2012
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

One evening I was walking around Gertrude St looking for Stock Pot and I walked up and down and couldn't find it. I stopped in this hotel and asked them if they knew where it was but I couldn't remember the exact address and I lost my piece of paper where I had written it down. The woman working there told me it was Gertrude St but didn't know where the restaurant was which wasn't surprising given that I didn't have have the right name either and was referring to it as Stock Box. She told me they had free Internet in their computer in the lobby and I could use it to look for the restaurant. Thanks to her help I was able to quickly go on tripadvisor, find the exact address and she pointed out how to get there. The woman whose name I unfortunately didn't get but who was working on a weekday around 6PM at reception, really went above and beyond to help me. Given the fantastic customer service I received, I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends who want to visit Riga.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great rooms, VERY friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast is also good, would recommend it. rates are also quite low, so great value for money. A 20 minute walk from old town bypassing all the main streets. It makes the hotel in the center, but on a quiet street, so sleeping is very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family