“Relaxing in Quiet After Tense Day”
Review of Dodo Hotel

Dodo Hotel
Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Riga, Latvia
“Relaxing in Quiet After Tense Day”
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I spent a night there after a busy day meeting with business partners. It was a quiet place to relax and watch TV for a while before getting asleep. The room was clean and cosy, with a backyard view, snowy roofs and yard, quite relaxing, too.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Vilnius
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Very impressed! good communication with staff. very pleasant! actually no complaints. for the price that it was it was very reasonable.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We used this hotel as a base for 7 nights during October 2010.

It is a very new hotel, it is clean, modern but very basic. That said, it was very cheap.

It is not in a good area, there seemed to be lots of alcoholics wondering around the nearby streets although they didnt bother us.

There are two shops right outside the hotel but they mostly just sell alcohol.

The tram stop is also right outside and they seem to run into the city centre every 10 minutes or so.

Be careful when booking secure overnight car parking with them. They charged us 3 Lats (about £4.50) per night but when we paid directly with the parking attendant for extra nights, it was only 1 Lat per night !!

The rooms walls are very thin.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CSJAberdeen
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I will say a very good budget hotel not that far from the old city of Riga. It is always on my preferred list of hotels whenever I am travelling to Riga. Nice clean rooms with good room service and very pleasing and accomodating staff. A big shopping mall with lot of good restaurants are only 200 to 300 meters away. The service to have free internet around the clock also is a good compliment.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shahoo2
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2010

We arrived at the dodo hotel on the 9th sept the rooms were ok nothing special but what i exspected.
We had no clean towels in our room and they were not changed throughout our stay.
I went to reception to ask for clean ones and was marched to my room by a ver rude security guard to check the towels.His response was u have towels and walked off very very rude security guard that worked sat 11th sept.
Later on that night we were waiting in reception my friend bought a packet of peanuts and dropped them i kicked them back to him,The very rude security guard marched upto me asking if i thought this was funny and that i would not think this was funny when he rang secret service on me and that this was my last chance.
Iwork in the hotel and catering bussiness running 2 successful university bars i would not tollerate this sort of behavoir in my outlets.
I think this is something that the dodo hotel needs to address as i would not recomend this hotel to anybody after my stay..

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank craggles96
Gloucester, England
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I've just returned from a 3 night stay at the Dodo, which we thoroughly enjoyed. It's a bit out of town to walk, but the tram stop is right outside the hotel, cheap, and very regular. Hotel itself was very clean, and the rooms were nice and modern. Staff were brilliant and always friendly :-) Didnt try the breakfast but it was nice being able to get drinks from reception. Only downside would be that our room was a bit noisy in the morning with the passing traffic / breakfast goers but not enough to put me off staying again. Not much in the surrounding neighbourhood but a 5 minute tram journey and you're in Riga Old Town, which is lovely. Would definitely recommend for the price we paid :-)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Thank hel.fox
Braine-Le-Comte
Reviewed August 11, 2010

My family and I spent two nights at the DoDo Hotel not far from the center of Riga, Lativia.
The DoDo is a considered a low cost facility. If you are from the states, think Holiday Inn Express. We had a family suite for 49 Euros which is a room with a double and a bunk bed, small bathroom with shower. The facility was clean throughout. The beds were comfortable, and we would have slept better if their had not been a heat wave moving through during our stay. We had a room facing the interior courtyard which gave us very little privacy since our curtains were open, as were the windows for air circulation. The facility was surprisingly quite for what seemed to be a fully occupied facility. Breakfast can be purchased seperately for 5 Euros per person; buffet style. My son loved the pancakes! Public transportation very easy on tram 7, a short walk from the front doors. Tickets can be purchased on the tram. Get off at the opera house for the city center. Their is a new multiplex theatre one stop before the opera house. On the corner next to the hotel is a small grocery store. The only downsize is the parking which is about two blocks away. It is monitored by an atttendat and cost 3 euros a day. The surrounding neighborhood is nothing too spectacular to look at, but I have been assured by the hotel staff that it's quite a safe area of Riga. The staff was very helpful and kind. I needed to adjust my flight reservation and there is a computer available and the staff will let you e-mail information to the hotel that you may need to print off.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family