“Compact, clean, in need of airconditioning”

Europa City Amrita Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Liepaja
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed for a night in the hotel with my husband. The hotel is easy to find, a great location (could be a bit noisy, if your windows face the street), not far from the sea. The room was clean, had all the amenities you may need. The wifi worked fine. The breakfast was delicious, easily accommodating tastes from continental to British breakfast. The biggest downside - it was extremely hot and the airconditioning is only available in deluxe suites. The pillows were pretty lumpy. So, it wasn't the most comfy night; but again, the temperatures were out of the ordinary. If you come there when the temperatures are below 25, should be fine :)

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruzhania

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Good quality, budget price. It seemed to me like the quality standard here was high for the rate. Maybe because I stayed off season, but I still felt like I was getting a bargain price. Clean and well equipped. Yes, the room is small but in a cosy way; not cramped. Wi-Fi worked very well. The staff was friendly and efficient, not fussy. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Didn't try the restaurant. Can't beat the location.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank c f
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and we thought that it was very good. I liked the location, but it seemed to be on the edge of a safe, but depressed area. If you walked past the hotel away from bridge most of the buildings on the street seem to be empty with boarded up windows. They were working on some of the buildings so I think that the city is in the process of being revived. We did walk around that street though and felt totally safe.

We had a room in the front so you can hear the cars going by which could be a bit noisy at times, especially if you wanted the windows open to get some air. There are no air conditioners so it does get a bit stuffy in the rooms. The room itself was good as was the bathroom. The beds were comfy. You get breakfast and free parking. The breakfast was good. We went to the basement bar/pub both nights for dinner and we really liked that. As far as the wifi goes, I only had to put the code in once and it worked for my entire stay. I spent 3 weeks traveling throughout the Baltics and the wifi went in and out no matter where I was. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I overheard a few other customers talking and they had all stayed there before. Whether they were businessmen or not I don't know, but I would stay here again if I ever went back to Liepaja.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zippy608
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was an good valve hotel with very nice features. Desk clerk "Diane" probably misspelled was very kind and friendly after a long day traveling. Then Bartender/waitress Monta made us feel very welcome as well as she was extremely attentive. We could not have asked for nicer staff. They pointed out all the good shopping areas for my wife as well as getting me a great scenic walk in through town as well as down to the Baltic for a great walk. My only complaint could be a little street noise as we were on the front side (less expensive) of the hotel. Very nice morning breakfast too.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side would be quieter if someone is a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gbpf
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in a tiny twin room on a business trip. There was no air conditioning and it was so hot we needed the windows open to sleep. One of the windows had insect netting but there was a massive hole in it and the other window had none at all. Turning on the light led to the cast of Bug's Life sharing our room for the night. In addition we were right next to a very busy road junction with traffic at all hours of the day. Very unsatisfactory.
The wi fi in our room was intermittent at best and non existent for much of the time which was not good when on business. It worked well in public areas.
Food was average for a budget hotel but the staff were very friendly and welcoming.
Hotel is situated next to the river and therefore close to the riverside bars and entertainment.
Would only stay again if we had a good wi fi connection and air conditioning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to public areas for reliable wi fi. Rooms at front of hotel are close to a busy...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ericsplastercast
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night with my family. After paying € 38 for the room, I was not expecting much. In overall, the quality of the hotel surprised me. The restaurant also exceeded my expectations. Parking was included in the hotel price.

The hotel room itself was very small but we were just able to fit a bed for our baby in the room. There was no air conditioning nor fridge. There were water machines in the corridors, but after trying to use two of them which were both broken I gave up.

For reaching the city center, you need to walk for maybe 500 meters.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jaakko-82
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed for weekend brake at hotel. The hotel has exellent, friendly staff and very good restaurant "Oskars", I recommend order in restaurant smoked salmon you will not regret about the choice, steak was also good choice if you like steaks. Thanks restaurant staff for the good service, we stayed very satisfied. I think this is one of the best restaurants in Liepaja. Sea is about 15-20 min. walk from hotel, the city center is 10-15 min. walk from the hotel. Hotel room was clean, according to the price we paid.

Room Tip: Take room with overlooking street, to the right side is beautiful view of the river at night
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple