“Be careful with weddings and patys”
Review of Hotel Jurmala Spa

Hotel Jurmala Spa
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Jurmala
barcelona
“Be careful with weddings and patys”
Reviewed August 20, 2007

We were in the hotel two for two nights, we contracted the romantic package. They installes us in the 9th floor, the room was with two separated beds, “romantic”?
When asked in recepcion desk, they said to us, that no more rooms were abailable.
The minibar was locked, if you like the key you must pay 50 euros in advanced.
The first night, it was two weddings in the next floor, over our heads, with music at maximum. Asked in reception at what time music is finished, they told us “we have no idea”. And they had payed for the party.
The second night it was a very big party; they told us “the party will finish at 1 a.m.”.
When you complain at reception desk, they try to solve it with invitation of alcohol.
I think is not seriously and I can’t recommend the hotel.

Miguel Barcelona

• Liked — El spa
  • Disliked — Staff in reception
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank miquelBarcelona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2007

Stayed here for a relaxing few days. Everything was fine. Maybe reception could do with a little more of a smile, apart from that no problems. Central location, nice room with a balcony. Modern and spacious.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
2 Thank EireSurf
Berlin
Reviewed May 28, 2007

After a very stressful six months, I decided to book at the hotel for 3 nights and various treatments. I went alone so had booked the Twin Superior as part of thier offered deal on their website. The hotel was a quick taxi journey. Make sure you use the Red Taxi's available at the airport as they are recommended as the safest and honest ones. My trip cost 11 LVL.

The hotel reception was very efficient and spoke English quite well. I was a bit early but they let me have my room right away with no extra costs. The room was very large with 2 single beds, large windows, balcony and extra chairs and wooden floors.

I had booked 5 treatments over the 3 days that I was there and was pleased with all of them. The staff at the Spa were very courteous and professional. If one of them couldn't speak English, they made sure they had a collegue explain the treatment to me beforehand. Also available was the indoor pool area which had a nice swim up bar in it.

The package deal at the hotel came with a buffet breakfast each morning and was served until 11am on Saturday and Sunday. It was a typical European breakfast with cold meats, cheeses, breads and also cereals, yogurts, fruit and sweet buns. It certainly had everything you would want.

The hotel is situated on a strip that offered all kinds of restaurants, bars and boutiques. The costs were very good at all venues and the food was delicious.

The only downside of my visit was that I wasn't close enough to the beach to see the water but it was only a 5 - 10 minute walk to the beach and I didn't spend too much time in my room anyways.

Highly recommend as a stress reliever!!!

• Liked — Spa
  • Disliked — Location from Beach
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank luv2travelBerlin
London
Reviewed March 11, 2007

If you are considering this hotel, I would recommend approaching with extreme caution. I booked it after seeing it on the net in what must be the most misleading set of photos I have ever come accross.

On arrival we were allocated a 'standard' room, which was horribly hot until about 11.00am when they turn the heating off and then rather chilly. It was also very small and pokey. Only a shower, so I asked at reception for a room with a bath and I was told that would be an extra £239 per night for a "luxury" room.

The pokey standard has no toiletries, no tea or coffee making facilities and although the guide book says dont drink the water - no bottled water in the room. Two small and very soft singles were pushed together, but for a spa break it wasnt exactly romantic!

The staff were largely indifferent, except those who couldnt stop staring at my wife (who is black) to the point where it made us both feel very uncomfortable. As nice as the spa rooms 'seemed' to be, the bedrooms are below even a basic travelodge standard, and dont think that a cheap room means cheap food, because the over fussy nouvelle cuisine here is very pricey. We paid £46 for a 2 course meal with drinks, a painfully slow process that took 2 hours to get through with the waiting staff trained at the Soviet school of charm and hospitality.

Breakfast the next morning was dire. Insipid eggs, very little choice and no toast! I was told they had a toaster but no bread to put in it!

As this was supposed to be a romantic pampering break, I realised that I had made a terrible mistake and checked out after one night. I wished I'd booked the Baltic Beach just down the road because it looks much nicer.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank rustybucket
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 17, 2006

We ended up in Jurmala SPA after beeing recomended this hotel in Riga and the "SPA" in the name helped a little also.

Lying in the middle of the main street, just a couple of hundred meters from the beach which is supposed to be 35 km. with clean white sand.

The swimming pool has several saunas, jacuzzi's and all with different temperatures and in several sizes. They also have trim-rooms and a beautysaloon.

Rooms are clean and bathrooms are very nice. Some of the rooms have balcony.

All over a good hotel for relaxation and body treatment.

• Stayed July 2006