“Very Nice Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Jurmala
dublin
“Very Nice Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

Its very nice hotel,perfect location very friendly staff !!! I had wedding in that hotel and everything went perfect! Food is very delicious ,i love them honey cake -the best!!! We had wedding on the 11th floor its called" sea side bar " very beautiful vue from there! We stayed after that for two nights in LUX room . Its was very luxurious room with 2 rooms inside ,very big bath ,big balcony with sea vue.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Moscow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2009

Stayed in a hotel in mid-October 2009.

Advantages: breakfast. Quite full - porridge, 2 kinds of curds, omelete, several kinds of cheese and sausages, some fish, salads, croissants and/or cakes etc.

Disadvantages:
1.Rooms - very despondently: grey floor, grey - dark green curtains and blanket. Impossible to open a window because of the cornice (only small leaf).
2. Bath - terrible rotten smell from there. Impossible to breath! Noise from the toilet water, i had to press the cask after 15 mins, than it was ok.
But, hey, the smell! Woke up at 7 o'clock in the morning from this nasty rotten smell which was in every single millimetr of the room, tried to open a window, but nothing. The same was in my friend's room. Then we went downstairs to the reception and they called for technicians. All day long we were out of the hotel and came back late in the evening. And, gosh, it was impossible to open a door in the room, it was pluck the eyes and vomiting! Again we went to reception, a boy there tried to solve the situation, but when he was bored, he started to be rude - No other rooms here, you'd have to know what kind of room you ordered, it's spa; no, don't think that our boss will come from Estonia to you. At the end, when we finally managed him to go upstaires and step into our rooms, he said he has a cold and couldn't feel the smell.
When he found a "luxe" room with twin bed (though we were against it) it was 12.

What is Luxe? twin bed near the balcony, the curtain just right in your face, strong wind from balcony. All services in condition are "currently invalid". The shower looks like a cupbpard, i didn't use sentimetr, but it looks like 30X30. A sauna. Very high sink, you have to make some efforts to wash your face! And we were given only one card for 2, so we could not left the room without each other, otherwise there would not be any electricity!

ALL ROOMS WERE ON 9TH FLOOR.

I didn't use spa, so i can say nothing about its quality, but rudness of personnel and, what is more important to my mind, rotten stink takes place and make staying in the hotel absolutely impossible.

Btw, it's not so far from the see, but the road from the beach will be uphill.

As you see, i would not recommend to go to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009
4 Thank ModM
australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2009

We had originally only booked in for two nights, however on arrival found the hotel very nice so decided to stay an extra 2 nights. The whole time during our stay we found all the hotel staff to be very rude and arrogant in their manner, to the point where the dirty looks we were getting when we requested or asked for information, were just downgrading. We spoke to the manager regarding this who seemed to not care at all either. Unfortunately this spoilt what would otherwise have been a wonderful stay

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chermatt
Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights with my friend. We had a superior room at the price of 90 euros/night including breakfast. All the hotel guests are also allowed to use the spa until 16 o'clock daily. Our room was clean and quite big with a very large balcony although there was sand in the floor when we got there. The bathroom is also quite large and clean. There is a computer with Internet access in the lobby to be used free of charge by the guests and also free safe deposit boxes in case you need one. The air-conditioning in the room worked fine. There is a great view from the bar of the hotel in the 11th floor to Jurmala.

The hotel is located in the "main street" of Jurmala/Majori, Jomas Iela which is a good location. The street is full of restaurants and the beach is only 10 minutes walk away from the hotel. The location also brings some problems: during night-time the street is quite noisy and even though our room was on a 6th floor the noise from the street bothered during night-time (unless you were wearing earplugs).

As there are lots of guests in the hotel during hot season the staff was unable to manage the breakfast. There was always something missing: cups, spoons, tea and so on. The bread they were serving (baquette) tasted like it was baked yesterday. It wasn't old but it wasn't good either. All in all, the breakfast is quite chaotic and not very good.

I wouldn't recommend the spa treatments the hotel is offering. There is a much more cheaper beauty salong just across the street from the hotel in Jomas Iela. We paid 6 lats for manicure and they would have charged 15 lats for pedicure (which was 26 lats with nail polish in the hotel). We were very satisfied with the manicure in the beauty salong, definately worth 6 lats. Unfortunately I took the pedicure in the hotel and it was awful. The girl didn't put my feet on water which is always done before the treatment. Because of that it didn't take long before my feet started to bleed while she was doing the pedicure for me (which has happened never before in several countries where I've taken pedicure). In a middle of the treatment the girl spitted on her hand, dropped the snot on garbage bin and continued handling my bloody feet without changing her gloves or washing her hands. It was disgusting! This shouldn't happen in a four star hotel.

I would recommend this hotel anyway, it is also suitable for e.g. couples on a romantic trip. Just don't buy spa treatments from the hotel (the spa area with pools is nice though) and don't expect too much from the breakfast. And take earplugs with you if you are a light sleeper!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mymmeli
Amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

We truly enjoyed five nights at the hotel in July 2009.

The main advantages of the hotel:
-Excellent location (some five minutes walk to the beach) and bordering with the main (Jomas) street in Jurmala
-The food was good
-Spa facilities great. I do recommend taking a massage session in the massage lounge on the 3rd floor.
-A bar on the roof with probably the best view on the Jurmala beach.
-To me quality of a hotel is to a certain extent determined by the quality of guests. Well, unlike many hotels in Riga there were lots of people with family and the single-hunters from Sweden and Finland who tend to be very arrogant and loud were basically absent.

Overall scorep- very good!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

My company booked this for a 3 day training. So I decided to go and spend the weekend before there with my partner. Firstly, I booked online and they got my credit card number. I was asked to tick if I wanted taxi pick-up from the airport and what kind of room I wanted (2 single beds or 1 double bed). Anyway, the taxi pick-up didn't turn up. The room we got had 2 single beds which was not what I asked for. Check-in was not good since I had to sign to authorize them to "freeze" EUR 150 as deposit.

In addition, ALL staff members are very very rude. I am not even expecting a smile. There were none in the whole 5 days I was there.

We got a good room on the 7th floor facing the carpark and the beautiful houses around the hotel. The luxury rooms have the best views. We were given a key for the mini bar. Obviously, the hotel doesn't trust their staff. Since there is no safebox in the room, I carried my handbag and passport around.

We went to the spa and my partner got a very good massage (60 min LVL30) from a sturdy lady. I had a face massage and mask (45 min LVL25). The face massage was not good as the lady kept turning on and off the light in my eyes, and she was not skilled in massage. I tried to give feedback but she didn't understand english. Later, I developed a mild allergy on my skin.
Given that my partner had a good experience with the massage, we booked a massage session each the next day. Again, my partner got a good experience. I had a lady with very weak hands. The floor on the room had wood on it and this kept cracking and making very loud noises. I could not relax. The lady obviously didn't care as she kept stepping on where the floor was noisy. Later, a colleague of mine also booked a massage and the masseur's phone rang in the midst of it!

In addition, after 4pm, guests have to pay LVL10 to use the swimming pool, which has a bar right on its side. Other miscellaneous things like bath robes, sewing kit, lotions have to be bought separately at high prices.

The gym was good and had one type of each equipment but the ventilation in there was very poor. You have to go to the reception to get the key to use the gym.

The conference room was very old fashion but functional. We had almost cold coffee, cakes and fruits served during the agreed break times. Once, we had our break 20 minutes earlier so we asked if they could serve the coffee then. The staff refused saying it is not the agreed time and asked us to get the coffee ourselves. So imagine, about 15 people walking with their coffee from the restaurant to the conference room across the reception area to get their own coffee! One day when our trainer asked to be let in the conference room to prepare 30 minutes before, the reception refused to let him in.
Very very rude and inconsiderate staff!

The positive sides are:
1.The restaurant has very good dinner food. The seafood is cheap compared to other big european cities. The breakfast is not good though but it comes with the room package.
2. The hotel is on the main walking street in Jurmala. There are only two other hotels with such good location (Baltic Beach hotel facing the sea) and Majori hotel.
3. Jurmala it self is a beautiful place.

I would recommend people going to Jurmala itself but skip this hotel!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank pige_paa_ferie
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2009

We travelled to Jurmala from Riga for a 2 night spa break on new years day. Check-in was very efficient the rooms were average, comfortable and clean with reasonably nice shower rooms. We had dinner in the restaurant on the first night, the menu was very varied and the food very good, a very good wine selection but quite pricey. The bar service was excellent. However service in the restaurant was very slow, we waited for over an hour for our starters. One major gripe is the cost of bottled water, we paid approx £6 for a 1litre bottle (which adds up if you are a party of 8!) we did ask for jugs of tap water but were told this wasn't possible, not sure why as it was fine to drink tap water in the rooms.

We had some excellent treatments in the spa which were reasonably priced and they had plenty of availability as the spa is vast.

Jurmala itself, it's a very pretty seaside town, it was bitterly cold whilst we visited and snowed which enhanced an early morning walk along the beautiful beach. There's not a great deal to do here in winter but its definitely worth a vist for a few days or R&R.

• Liked — The bar and restaurant
  • Disliked — Very small twin beds
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family