“another great stay”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Jurmala
New York City, New York
“another great stay”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Back for another stay at the Baltic Beach, and have to say this hotel is still one of my favorites! The service is consistently good and the lobby has had a nice facelift. Highlights are the Banja experience, dining at the new onsite restaurants and the absolutely unbelievable spa. PS Freshly baked goodies are the lobby bar are a nice treat too :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Baltic Beach H, Manager at Baltic Beach Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Kristina425,

Thank You for posting feedback about Your recent stay at the Baltic Beach Hotel.

Looking through Your comments, I am pleased to note that You are satisfied with all facilities provided by the hotel. It is delightful to see that You had such a great experience at our restaurants, lobby bar and enjoyed relaxation at our SPA center. It is always our pleasure to get such positive feedback from our clients. Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

Once again, thank You for taking the time to share Your comments. We look forward to welcoming You back here at the Baltic Beach Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Latvia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here only 1 night, but feeling was down or just perhaps wasn`t luck with services and many misunderstandings (we were patient, but dregs stayed)

SPA hotel comes in the end pretty expensive as normal sauna center are extra even for superior rooms, but in price for SPA hotel is just simply pool and 1 hot hot sauna. Or perhaps problem are in us that we have used, that in all spa hotels where we have been sauna and pool center are included.

But better about good thinks:)

Of course, hotel have good location near the sea.
SPA procedures were good, atmosphere in procedures area was nice and peaceful.

+ Italian restaurant - feeling like to be on real Italian taverna
+ breakfast - lot of choice and there looks and feels like 5* level
+ wi-fi in rooms

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lindawelsa,

Thank you for posting your feedback with regards to your recent stay at the Baltic Beach Hotel.

Looking through your comments, I am glad to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us. It is delightful to know that you enjoyed our Italian restaurant il Sole, generous breakfast, excellent location by the sea and treatments at our SPA center. Also, I am pleased to see that you have appreciated our free WiFi in a room. It is free in all hotel rooms and public areas, including park and the beach.

I would like to note that accommodation price includes sport complex, 25 m long swimming pool with warm sea water, water cascades and sauna. Concerning Your comments about rates for water relaxation areas, we introduce special offers on a regular basis and I invite You to follow those on our webpage.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your time when posting this review. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Baltic Beach Hotel in the near future.
Esbjerg
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This rather modern hotel is situated nearly on the beach of Jurmala - the "coast-city" to the capial Riga.
It is a big hotel with more restaurants and congress facilities. It also provides a lot of spa offers, and has direct acces to the beach.
Rooms are big with own terrasse and well equipt. Best rooms/suites are at the North end facing the Sea. Second best are rooms to the vest-side, as some of the rooms to the east side are a bit darker.
Breakfast is normally included in prise, and this is a very nice buffet in af restaurant with a splendid view to the Baltic.
No doubt this is the best hotel in Jurmala with only half an hours drive in car to Riga and 20 minutes to the international airport.
It is near to Western standard with efficient staf and service. A little bit doll and not very charming, but OK. Maybee during the summertime it is more cozy!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Baltic Beach H, Executive Assistant Manager at Baltic Beach Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear KurtEsbjerg,

Looking through your comments, I am glad to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and appreciated all range of facilities provided by the hotel. It is delightful to know that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast with the sea view. Also, I am impressed with your knowledge of room tips. Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Oksana
Alesund, Norway
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We took the train from the train station in Riga to Jurmala and drive to Majori.Approx. 30 min. and approx. price for 2 persons, turn / return 5 ! Then strolled the main street for a while and took off to the left towards the Baltic Beach Hotel and further down the beach.There had rained during the night / morning so when we got down to the beach and the sun rose, it was a magical atmosphere of water vapor that rose of sand.
We understood that this was off-season (May 29, but the hotel had set up a "party tent" with every subject we could desire of drinks - fruit and especially food. The beer they make here in Latvia is very good,try the dark ones, and not least the many types. The hotel is 5 star and very elegant.

Dear salomon96,

Looking through your comments, I am glad to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us, as well as the trip to Jurmala in general. It is delightful to know that you have enjoyed the views of our beautiful nature and surroundings, as well as appreciated Latvian beer and do actually recommend it to others. Also, I am pleased to see that you found the Grill Bar so convenient. We always endeavor to get prepared for a high season as soon as the weather allows us to. And indeed, special thank you for finding our hotel elegant.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your time. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Baltic Beach Hotel in the near future.

Oksana
Croatia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am not sure is it much different during the high season, but I wasn't impressed during my stay in February. OK; it's cold, Jurmala it's not a vibrant and cool place like during the summer, but I expected more from the hotel. Especially as we were informed we are staying in 5* property. If I was there during the season I would probably give the hotel higher rating, because of the location (beach side),and room view (sea view) but this was something different.
Room I was stayed in was smelly, really had some unpleasant smell during my whole stay, I was trying to open the balcony door but it was too cold outside so I had to adjust to the smell. Rooms were just ok, far from the 5* standard, especially the toilet. Complimentary water, coffee and tee were nice addition, on-demand channels too, but else is not impressive. Hotel interior is just ok, I didn't use the wellness and pool, I heared it's excellent and famous in the region, so I presume that's one additional plus for the hotel, but I didn't try so I can't say....
This hotel is very far from the Western chains of five star hotels, I would give him three star at most, but I don't know the quality of other Jurmala hotels so I can't judge the local standard.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank elys79
Baltic Beach H, Executive Assistant Manager at Baltic Beach Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear elys79,

Thank You very much for posting this review in relation to Your recent stay at the Baltic Beach Hotel.
Looking through Your comments, I regret to learn that You were dissatisfied with some aspects in Your room. However, it is lovely to see that You enjoyed some complimentary additions like tea & coffee facilities with some complimentary water. It is unfortunate that You didn't happen to use our SPA and other wellness facilities. Let me assure You that You would have enjoyed those indeed, and I sincerely hope that You do so next time. Concerning Your comment regarding the hotel location, it is truly very much convenient especially in summer when our individual beach area is available for all hotel residents.

Once again, I would like to thank You for sharing Your feedback. We look forward to welcoming You back here at the Baltic beach Hotel in the near future.

Vejle, Denmark
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Most likely the best hotel in Jurmala, it is a bit pricy for the region, but you really get good value for the money.
The hotel has two restaurants which both hav a high standard and yet reasonable prices.
I also visited the wellness area, which really was a higher standard than you might expect, and certainly worth a visit.
Breakfast is above standard for Latvia, at least to my experience.
The Hotel is situated right on the beach, but you should know tha the bay of Riga is quite shallow, and you need to good out a bit to swim (in summer) but it is very safe fore children.
Room standard a very good, but to some the beds might seem a bit hard.
Hotel basically has everything, but in summer you might miss an outdoor swimming pool

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Baltic Beach H, Executive Assistant Manager at Baltic Beach Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Mortennielsen,

Looking through Your comments, I am pleased to note that You are satisfied with all facilities provided by the hotel. It is delightful to see that You had such a great experience in both hotel restaurants and that Your visit of the wellness centre was so spectacular. Indeed, I am glad to learn that Your breakfast was so enjoyable and that the standards were even above Your expectations. Concerning Your comment about the outdoor pool, although Your point is fair and there is no pool outside, I highly recommend You to visit us on summer when the hotel beach has a number of facilities that would definitely make Your summer holiday unforgettable.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Well the Baltic Beach hotel was renovated after the Soviet Era. However it looks like the administration decided not to invest a penny into the renovation again and they try to make as much as possible operating what they have at the moment. The season in Jurmala is very short – June, July and August when the prices are really high. During the low season the hotel (from my point of view) is not profitable enough. So they save their money and don’t invest much into renovation. As a result the tear and wear are everywhere.
It is not 5 star of course. At the same time the hotel is extremely pricey. It is strange taking into account low service and accommodation.
Talking about good points – the hotel is the only one located at the first line with the direct access to the sea beach. But the central location means really a lot of people and overcrowded beach during the summer time. The rooms (most of them) have a really cool sea view from the balcony. The hotel is also located in the center of Jurmala's night and social life – Jomas street is 5 minutes by foot from the hotel (with a lot of restaurants and bars). The hotel has also relatively good opportunities for business meetings (conference center) and corporate events. The hotel is also known as VIP so when you worry about your status – it may have a sense to stay here. But in terms of price/quality/reliability – I would not recommend this place.
SPA is big and offers different programs. But it was not WOW at all. Bath and water complex look not clean enough and a bit smelly.
The restaurant is totally overpriced (just because it is 5 star on a paper) – be aware of mosquitos in June. I would not recommend using this restaurant because you may find other places with better quality and price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RussianConnection
Baltic Beach H, Executive Assistant Manager at Baltic Beach Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear RussianConnection,

Thank You for posting feedback about Your experience at the Baltic Beach Hotel. I very much appreciate the time You took to share Your concerns about the stay back in June 2012.

Concerning Your comments about price level, I would point out that our prices are in line with other 5 star establishments throughout the country and are constantly monitored to ensure we remain competitive. However, I regret to learn that the level of service was not to Your satisfaction on this occasion. Also, I appreciate Your comments about the hotel restaurants, but let me assure You that our Food & Beverage team and the Executive Chef are constantly working on improving the quality of both service and food; and I am proud to say that the Caviar Club restaurant was announced as a Restaurant of the Year within the annual contest The best Latvian Trader 2012. I very much hope that we have You as a return guest in one of our restaurants to demonstrate the improvement.
I am very much delighted, however, to see Your positive comments about our conference facilities. Also, it is lovely to learn that You found location of the hotel so convenient.

Once again, I would like to thank You for taking the time to share Your experience with us. I sincerely hope that we may welcome You back here at the Baltic Beach Hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards,