“Excellent”

Ranked #72 of 1,292 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The medieval restaurant Olde Hansa is the home of a rich merchant, whose guests enjoy delicious, authentic Hansa-era meals and drinks, true period music and always friendly service. All of the dishes on the menu, including many wild game delicacies, are cooked using 15th century recipes and methods. Medieval musicians delight the guests every night of the week except Mondays. Tallinn Card holders receive a sweet treat with every meal purchased - a bag of freshly roasted almonds, on the house!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great food, great atmosphere and the service was wonderful. I recommend this place. Special theme from the old ages.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (6,214)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I highly recommend this restaurant as a place to eat and drink.
The food is really tasty and well presented and the honey beer was delicious.
The decoration, the music, the staff and their attire and just the whole atmosphere.
If ever I am in Tallinn again I would return to the Olde Hansa in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This play on medieval Tallinn is fun. The servers are very friendly and helpful. I had a meal of elk and boar with saffron spelt, pickled onion, berry compote. Very good. I had the rose pudding for dessert. Delicious with a lovely tale to go with it. If you eat some of the rose you will stay beautiful forever. How can you not!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I would generally avoid 'themed' restaurants, but although this was a bit of a tourist trap, it was actually really really good. Food was excellent (I had the Elk Steak, my wife had the Elk and Bear Sausages), and the service also was really prompt and friendly. The house-brewed cinnamon-flavoured beer is also much nicer than it sounds.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I got the impression that they pick and choose who they want to serve. I was sat down and then ignored for 30 minutes without a menu. A couple came in after me and they were served promptly whilst I was still ignored. So I decided to get up and leave.