“Good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mack Bar-B-Que

Mack Bar-B-Que
Ranked #82 of 916 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Whenever I visited this place the food was always delicious, prices are not small, but I would say the food is worth it. So give it a try.

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Tallinn, Estonia
“Okay place but the food is only average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

I like to be here and some food is really good and some not better than average. The serviceis more than helfpul and trying to give you a good time. But besides some starters and one of the burgers the food is not than convincing for that price level. I will never understand why nearly every meat dish tasts like they wanted to bake a cake, too much sugar in it especially in all that so called barbecue dishes.

Visited January 2012
“Eh.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

If you're looking for "American" food in Tallinn then Mack is a pretty safe bet. They offer huge portions of heavy food- burgers, ribs, pizza, milkshakes- and if you're in the mood for that, then this place delivers. On the negative side for me, their food is just so heavy, even the salads leave you feeling bloated and like you've eaten far too much. They are not at all about great quality ingredients or fresh, seasonal food and for me that's a problem. We really didn't enjoy it very much, and for the money there are a lot better restaurants in Tallinn.

• Visited November 2011
“If you want Americana”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

My father lives in Tennessee, so I am familiar with "southern eating". I have been to both Baby Back Ribs (BBR) and Mack. I prefer Mack. Both have great ice cream shakes (yeah, a little pricey), but the ribs at BBR always seem to taste like lighter fluid! Definitely get the pork ribs at Mack.

The baked beans are the pits, however. My wife even made some REAL baked beans and took them to the manager to try, but we still haven't seen any improvements! :-)

Cole slaw is good.

By the way, though I don't drink at all, I do know that Americans (and yes, hello! this is an American-styled restaurant) drink their beer ice-cold (but not with ice in it!) So don't complain about the beer being too cold!

Prices may be a little high, but you are paying for the "theme" too.

I have never had bad service.

• Visited January 2012
Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia
“awful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

Waitresses had very grim faces. Not friendly at all. We were sitting quite close to the kitchen and heard when our food was ready (cooks ringed the bell at least 5 times), by the time our food arrived it was already cold. The catfish I ate was horrible.

The place is to be avoided at any cost!!

• Visited January 2012