“Excellent food, great staff.”
Review of Wana Wiipuri

Wana Wiipuri
Reserve a Table
Ranked #66 of 1,279 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: European, Russian, Scandinavian
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Tallinn's Old Town in the heart of the village will be open Wana Wiipuri restaurant with good food enthusiasts in the cozy interior. We offer you delicious cuisine and Russian Karelia. In addition to entertain accordion lyrical ways. The restaurant has three halls, street terrace and courtyard where every visitor will find a suitable atmosphere, whether romantic candlelit dinner or a fun experience among friends.
Reviewed July 20, 2019

Such a friendly place. The waiting staff were, fun, chatty and helpful and made the whole experience enjoyable, so much more than just a meal.

The food is excellent. The wild boar was probably the best meal of my whole trip. Reasonable prices too.

I rarely go back to the same restaurant when travelling, but I did to this one as I couldn't see how I was going to find a better alternative.

Only a short walk from the main square. Tables outside if the weather permits.

Date of visit: July 2019
379igori, Manager at Wana Wiipuri, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2019

Thank You for the review, it’s very important for us,

Hope to see you again in Tallinn and have a nice and sunny summer.

Best regards

Write a reviewReviews (150)

Reviewed January 6, 2019

Nice and relaxed Estonian restaurant in the middle of old town. Little touristic, but food is good and service even better.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed December 3, 2018

My family and I had dined here before. about 2 years back. When we returned, Igor, the gentleman we met then from the restaurant, actually remembered us!

The service was tip top. Igor's touch made the experience one that we will definitely want to repeat again. The man remembered what we ate 2 years ago for goodness' sake! There was also a lady who was very attentive and a mountain of a man who walked us to the town square and showed us the direction to our hotel.

The meat platter for 2 and the duck, my favourites. Especially the meat platter. If given a choice, have the veal tongue grilled, it was amazing. The cold lard - The biggest culinary surprise of my life. I thought I would throw up, but it ended up being one of my favourites in the meat platter. Try it!!!

My only regret is that I had to rush off and did not get to finish my lunch.

We don't know if we will ever have the opportunity to return to Tallinn, but if and when we do, you can be sure, we will have a hearty meal once more, at Wana Wiipuri!

Date of visit: November 2018
Igor I, Manager at Wana Wiipuri, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2018

Dear Friends

Thank You and Your family for visiting us again. We are very happy to see our guests visiting us again and again, especially that you live so far away, that’s very important in our business.

Hope to see you next time and have a happy holidays and Peaceful Christmas time.

Best regards

Reviewed November 17, 2018

Having been turned away from full restaurants close to Freedom Square, I was pleased to find Wana Wiipuri open and happy to welcome a solo diner. Located in a basement along Pikk, this restaurant combines Estonian, Russian and Finnish cuisine.
I started with a selection of pickled herring then enjoyed a flavoursome wild boar stew. Finished with a rich chocolate cake, good but unremarkable.

Language is not a problem. A very efficient waitress spoke English (as well as Estonian, Russian and Finnish!) Three courses and a beer cost 37e40 plus tip

Date of visit: September 2018
Igor I, Manager at Wana Wiipuri, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2018

Thank You for your nice review.
Your opinion is very important for us and helps us to improve the quality of service and the food.

See you next time in our restaurant and best regards from Tallinn

Reviewed September 27, 2018

I had lunch here and was pleased to get a table outside. Service was really friendly and I didn't have to wait terribly long. I had chicken with some sort of green sauce and potato gratin that was made with curry, plus roasted vegetables and plenty of black bread with herb butter. It was fabulous - utterly divine! And I'd like very much to eat that again!

Date of visit: July 2018