“Cool pub”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Cool pub”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Great location, cool interior. I really liked the design and the staff were really friendly. The old leather sofas are great, and I will come back here.

Visited December 2011

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“A cheese restaurant with no cheese - seriously!”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

How can a cheese restaurant run out of cheese - then have the gall to say nothing?
I'm a big cheese fan so whilst here for a few days, I made a bee-line for this place. The head-lining steak with roquefort sauce is something I've had before so it was a bitter disappointment to find that the steak was tough as old boots - braising steak best confined to a stew. But the worst was the so-called roquefort suace - it had never seen a piece of any cheese in it's life. After a few mouthfuls, I asked the waiter over and pointed this out to him to which he remarked "Ah yes, we've run out of roquefort so this is a cream sauce". When I suggested to him that before cooking the meal, it might have been better to tell me before the cook started so that I could choose something else, he at least had the decency to immediately say he'd strike it from the bill. My wife's fish was similarly struggling with the cheese quotient. We hurriedly drank the rest of the wine and departed to McDonalds for a cheese burger!
With the tourist tacky monastery decor and waiters dressed as monks, I should have smelt ('scuse the pun) this ridiculous excuse for a restaurant a mile off.
Avoid at all costs!!

• Visited September 2011
Brooklyn, New York
“Amazing food, great service!”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

This restaurant is amazing. We started with the cheese fondue, which was so good. Our main courses were so good too. We had the steak and a fish. My only regret is that I did not save room for dessert. The decor in the restaurant is very cute, including a full knight. The service was terrific!

• Visited February 2011
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“lovely if you like cheese”
Reviewed November 26, 2008

we really enjoyed our meal at this restaurant, which we saw recommended on one of the threads. The waiters dress in monks habits and the room is authentically like you would expect a monastery to be.
the food was great - had a hot starter which was cheese wrapped in bacon on skewers with peppers and a sauce - excellent.
main course was piglet stuffed with cheese - again great.
sweet - couldnt resist chocolate cheesecake.
all washed down with a great bottle of red wine.
excellent service too