“A very nice but a bit overpriced luxury”
Review of Restaurant O

Restaurant O
Ranked #8 of 1,067 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: Scandinavian, Eastern European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The decoration was modern, dark, almost a bit Scandinavian style. The service was really really professional and friendly. The menu looked very nice. Our starter foie gras was delicious, a real treat. As a main course the venison was to our liking, tender meat and tasty dressing. The scallop and baltic herring portion only contained one scallop and three small overdone herrings, even though the included side dishes were delicious. We had hoped a bit more from the cheese plate and chocolate cake. We regarded the wine list wide enough and quite well priced, considering the Tallinn price level. We enjoyed our evening, and felt the restaurant was worth our visit. For the total price, especially regarding the rich resraurant scene in Tallinn, we probably eat around a while before returning, though.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The place is a bit outside of the old town but definitely worth the walk. Beautiful place with delicious food and attentive, friendly and knowledgeable staff. One of the best!

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Really don't know where to start praising this place - it's just immaculate! Great food, best waiter ( guy in glasses was our waiter), we had such a nice time!!! Highly recommend it!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I visited Ö for the second time. First time I was very impressed overall and second time did not let me badly down. Although I have to admit that maybe my taste has developed to a point when you can notice smallest of chefs mistakes. However in category "culinary restaurant" you can freely be a nitpicker.
OK, back to Ö. I ate tasting menu which consisted of a six courses+amuse bouche+mouth clearer between first and second courses. From the first courses the sallad was a little disappointing. And according to menu my dish seemed to be lacking almonds and pine kernels. Rest of the dishes were very delicious, especially main ingredients were done to a near perfection. The already mentioned venison was especially good as was the crispy powan too.
Service is very well worth mentioning as it was very warm and despite the fact that restaurant was almost full, I was attended very rapidly but not too fast.
I cannot compare to other Tallinn gourmet restaurants but Ö is well worht the visit.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had a great night here, and the best food we found in Tallinn. The place had few customers, which led to us receiving good service throughout the evening, including the challenge of hosting a 3-year old at the table.

The venison was top notch, and the seafood was very good as well.

I imagine this place to be quite noisy when full (it's a large restaurant), but on our visit it was very peaceful and comfortable. It doesn't hurt to leave the Old Town when you find places like this on the outside.