All reviews ferry terminal old city mediocre breakfast minute walk sea view shopping mall nice hotel spacious room free wifi the hotel offers stayed here for nights rimi supermarket walk in shower great room quiet at night perfect location tea and coffee
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Nice modern hotel in a very good location. Rooms were very claen, comfy bed and breakfast buffet was fine. The hotel is within a very short walk of shopping centres and the old town. Large supermarket accross the street, convenient for buying snacks!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank oh1242
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I come here every time I'm in Tallin for business, which is quite often. Location in the harbor is excellent as I arrive by ferry with my own car. In addition, a walk to old town takes about 15 minutes. Service has always been great, rooms are clean and reasonably big. Well worth the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lentsu76
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have been many time before in Euroopa. I like it, so fast front desk service, good location, safe garage to my car , rooms are modern and cosy. International atmosphere, not only "flying" Finns. Really good value of the money.

But!

This was my second time tried the beef in the restaurant. First one was last summer 2013. I wanted it medium but it appeared totally raw. I complained, and the friendly waitress took it back to the kitchen , bringing it back after few minutes,.looked some better,.

Now i tried the second time. Actually same waitress was on duty again. She remembered me,..and when i made my order she recomended me medium+,..to be sure it will be not the same as before.

It was RAW again,..just slighty brown on the top. I made a photo and asked the contact details of restaurant management. But i think this is the best way make sure something will improve in the future. Once cook made it wrong but second time is already unacceptable. Something wrong also the quality of the beef, maybe found on the Russian markets?

This hotel is nice but restaurant will not follow the basic values and standards.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Niko_sta
Margo M, Chef at Hestia Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Niko,

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize and admit that the situation was unacceptable.
Especially when that happened with the most popular dish on the menu. We have taken measures to improve the cooking of beef.
By the present moment the cooks and waitresses have received the required training and we are ready to offer high quality food and beef.

We apologize once again and welocme you back in restaurant Olive.

Sincerly Yours

Fax +372 6699 787
Mobile +372 53431606
Viktor.Slenduhhov@euroopa.ee

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This evaluation is from 2010, so I’ll point out aspects that will be valid till now.
Hotel Euroopa turned out to be a great value offer in Tallinn. Its pretty much a business hotel, with very large rooms and with everything looking new and well conserved. Hotel wasn’t noisy at all and the food service was great!
Its located by the touristic harbor of the city, so If you are considering a cruise or getting in/out by boat Euroopa is a great option. Tallinn harbor area is not bad at all, but has not much to offer. Still, the entrance to the old city of Talliin (old downtown) was only 10 min away by foot, and there are many stores/services in the way between.
*didn't try pool, gym, spa and any other facilities*
I would stay there again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We just come back from our second stay in the Hotell Euroopa in Tallinn.

The GOOD things : The location is perfect. Directly at the new yacht harbour, great view to the water and also the amazing old town ( ..ask absolutly for a room with harbour view. And choose before also what you like more : A room with a big shower or with a bathtube..)
The rooms have a pretty good size, they are comfortable and also the bed is perfect for a good sleep.

The NEGATIVE things : Like at our last stay, is the team not interested if you like the stay in the hotel. The ask to pay and thats all. No thanks or good bye. Only silence. WE say good bye and then the person react like before : Silence.
We stay in many hotels during the year, but nobody was soo cold like this reception team.
Also the service team during the breakfast have the same "problem" : They can't speak & smile. NEVER we saw a soo unprofessional service.

We cant understand that some people write here, that the breakfast is very good.
The sausage and cheese is throwing on a big plate without any care about it, the fruit joghurt is some kind of liquid sauce, the juice must have a level of minimum 70% water and the choice of a little swett thing after the bread is also very easy here : There is every morning one cake and be sure, you find this cake on the next morning again. Absolutly no variation.

When you look for a good hotel in a perfect location for a really good price (..book it via Thomas Cook.be and save around 50% from the official hotel price..) then is it really good here. We enjoy the location and also the short 10 minutes walk to the old town center
When you look for a super friendly team and a warm welcome, skip this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a harbour view !
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple