1,396 results
All reviewsbeer gardengreat locationsupermarket oppositeold townwet roomnice hotelcold meatsquiet locationquiet roomstayed nightshotel is situatedbathroom floorclean roomsby footair conditioningbudget hotelporridge
Reviewed September 19, 2017

We booked and paid for a superior twin room.The room was small and the decor was awful (muddy yellow walls and poo brown carpet). The bathroom shower drained directly onto the bathroom floor without any tray which meant the bathroom was sopping wet afterwards. The beds were thin, uncomfortable and with poor quality bedding. I laughingly said to my husband that I would hate to stay in one of the ordinary twins if this is meant to be superior. The worst was to come when the noise from the bar across the courtyard carried on until 3.30 in the morning. Our bedroom window would not shut properly which didn't help. 3 times we went down to reception and complained and were told that there was nothing they could do. In the morning we were moved to an ordinary twin room away from the courtyard because that was all there was. Well I can now tell you that the difference between a superior and an ordinary room is that the walls are still muddy yellow but with a pink carpet and you don't get any slippers or dressing gowns. Having looked at other people's reviews and the hotel's responses to them, it is obvious that nothing has improved over time and no matter how heartfelt the apologies are they are meaningless if they are not acted on.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the courtyard, actually find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
TallinnHotels, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bern, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2017

Dear masonfamily99
Thank you for contacting us!

I am truly sorry that you found your stay here unpleasant. Let me assure you that this is not the usual standard of Hotel Bern. I'm sorry to hear that we couldn't do anything about the room during the night. When we do have a different room available, we always offer a room change. I am sad to hear that you felt like we did not have all the details quite as you had expected from us. Your instructions, nevertheless, will be a great help for our improvements.

I am looking forward to have you here again so we could grant you a warm welcome with all the nuances perfectly placed. Please, contact us directly and I'm sure we can make your next stay enjoyable.

My sincere apologies,

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Very practical and nice location close to the old town but globally "cold".
Considering value for money , I could come back for another stay but I will probably look for another place next time.

Breakfast is good and the cleanness is perfect.

Avoid it for any romantic journey but acceptable for a short business stay.

Be careful, no free parking place in front of the hotel , It will cost you 1,5 euros for 30 min or 24 euros for one day.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
TallinnHotels, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bern, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Dear jeanlouisl746
Thank you very much for your letter!

Thank you for your comments on our location, breakfast and cleanliness. We hope to see you again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 5, 2017

We didn't plan on staying at this hotel but our initial reservation was not honored and this was the first hotel we walked by in our search for accommodation.

Other than a funky smell in our room, this hotel was great for a budget hotel for a night.

We stayed on the ground floor and soon realized the patrons of the hostel/bar across from our window was watching into our room. Depending on your inclination, you may like this or you may not like this. It may even open up a whole new world of things for you that you didn't know you were into.

The bed and pillows weren't great but it sufficed for the one night. The bathroom gets a little messy with water splashing everywhere when you're in the shower. Two persons will not fit in the shower.

You will not be impressing anybody by bringing them to the Bern Hotel, well, not during the day, but the hotel is a great place that's close to the ferries and close to the old town.

If my room didn't smell funky I would have given 4 stars.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Quintin H
Thank you for your feedback!

I am truly sad to hear that you found your stay here unpleasant. We are very sorry to hear about the room smell, if you decide to visit us again, please contact the reception if you have any problems with your room. In that situation, if we have rooms available, we would be happy to give you another room. We have many rooms on upper floors where you won't be able to hear the noise as well.

I am looking forward to have you here again so we could grant you a warm welcome with all the nuances fixed.

My sincere apologies,

Reviewed August 22, 2017

Stayed at Hotel Bern beginning of July, visiting Tallinn for the song festival. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and for me this is right up there. The rooms are comfortable and spotlessly clean. Some of the rooms can be noisy at night from the nearby hostel, but keep the window closed and you won't hear it, or use earplugs and you'll be fine.
The staff were exceptional and gave 1st rate customer service. One of our party had temporary mobility problems and the hotel were able to contact a centre that hired out wheelchairs. Nothing was to much trouble for the staff on reception and their knowledge of things to do, the area and the best way to navigate Tallinn was very much appreciated. There was a wide variety of produce at breakfast including cheeses, smoked salmon, cold meats, scrambled eggs, cereals, juices, teas, pastries and breads. If you wanted your eggs cooked a different way, then that was no problem. The location is fantastic for the old town, less than a 5 minute walk away. I cannot fault this accommodation and if I ever return to Tallinn it's the hotel of choice.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
TallinnHotels, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bern, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Dear red-notginger
Thank you for your kind words!

We are thrilled to read your review of our hotel! We are so glad that you liked your stay. Your words motivate us in every way! Thank you for detailing the breakfast and our staff, also how we have options for a quiet sleep. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Until the next time!
Front Office and Housekeeping Manager

Reviewed August 18, 2017

Stayed for a few nights recently. Wasn't blown away by the hotel but it wasn't bad either.

Good:
Breakfast is hearty and will set you up for the day.
Staff are friendly. Very welcoming and helpful when answering questions.
Easy to get to from the airport
Supermarket just over the road where you can get items you may need
Room we stayed in was large enough

Bad:
Smell from drain in the bathroom was quite bad. Not sure if this is just because of the hot weather recently. With no fresh air to let into the room it wasn't ideal because as others have mentioned the windows do not open.
Bed was very noisy so turning over in bed usually woke you up. Couldn't say if this is the case in all rooms though.
Room in places was looking very tired. No safety deposit box in room (Although one is available in reception) so we couldn't lock jewellery away etc. Didn't want this stored away from us.
Curtains don't fully close. there is no handle to pull the very top the last few inches to close fully so as it was so light outside the room was too.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear SNCKDC

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you liked the breakfast and the staff! We are sorry that during your stay there was a smell from the drain. If we have any rooms available at the time, we are happy to change your room , because this smell is not in every room. When you decide to visit us again please contact the reception with any inconvenience. We have many different types of rooms, including rooms with safety boxes. Feel free to ask the reception anything regarding our room types. We hope to see you again!

Kind regards,