Hotel Palace(Tallinn)
$110
$123
$119
1,378 results
All reviewsbeer gardengreat locationsupermarket oppositeold townwet roomnice hotelcold meatsquiet locationquiet roomstayed nightshotel is situatedbathroom floorclean roomsby footair conditioningbudget hotelporridge
Reviewed June 30, 2011

very close to the Old City. Friendly staff. Excellent value.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2011

This hotel was fantastic. The position was brilliant, breakfast was great, it was impeccably clean and the staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kgr1
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This hotel is located on edge of old town , handy to all sights and new town, Whilst the room is basic it was very clean , had air con, and staff very helpful, Breakfast was included in the rate we had and was varied with plenty of choice. Whilst the breakfast room had no outlook as it was in the basement, this was not a problem . The hotel has excellent wi fi which we found useful. we requestded a quiet room and when we arrived they confirmed that the room was quiet with no street nosie which it was. As the hotel is set back from the street on the edge of town I would think most rooms are quiet. there is very I would stay here again as the staff were always attentive to any questions we had etc We got a bus from the airport to the edge of the old town . It only took 20 minutes

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Diana_Sydney
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed 3 nights in hotel Bern. It was worth of our money (~30 euros/person/night).
Staff was very friendly, breakfast was good and which is most important rooms were very clean and airconditioned. Hotel Bern is situated near the center of old town.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Reijo_V
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We booked at Bern on the strength of the tripadvisor reviews and weren't disappointed. Ok, it's not on the most attractive street in Tallinn just outside the old town walls but it's a perfect location only about a 5 minute slow stroll to the town square and half that to where all the tour buses/trams etc depart from. Having a good supermarket right opposite was useful for supplies (and the Vana Tallinn there is much cheaper than airport duty free ;-)

Taxi ride from/to the airport is about 10 mins and shouldn't cost you more than 10 euros including a generous tip.

The young front desk staff were all brilliant - there were three or four different faces during our five night stay and all were really friendly and helpful. It was nice to get a good city map and a few leaflets as soon as we checked in without having to ask, with a short walkthrough description of where the main places were, where buses left from etc. A great first impression.

Our room on the 3rd (top) floor was basic but clean and a decent size with a good shower room. Only complaint - could have done with some more hooks/hangers and a safe, not really a big deal though. Free wifi everywhere in the hotel.

We overlooked the hotel courtyard entrance, which also has the back door entrance to a bar located on Inseneri. We heard music from the bar as we returned to the hotel a couple of nights but not once we got into the room. The windows didn't open anyway, and since the aircon unit in the room was good this didn't bother us. For some reason I'd got the impression this was a gentleman's club or something from some previous reviews, we only looked through the windows but it just looked like any old bar to me.

It looked like some rooms on the 1st (entrance floor) were on the same level as the courtyard. I was glad we were on the 3rd floor but maybe it would have made no difference - might be something to bear in mind.

Buffet breakfast was functional rather than exceptional. But I still managed to feast on enough every morning that I missed lunch and lasted all the way through to dinner! Breads and pastries in particular were very good, fruit, yoghurt and range of continental meats, cheese and fish were ok. Hot food was limited to scrambled eggs and either pork meatballs or frankfurters - but in fairness they tasted better than they looked. Maybe I've had one too many good full English breakfasts in my time and I'm being a bit unfair! Coffee was good and there were a range of teas to choose from.

The hotel organised car hire for our last day - at about half of the price of the best deal I could find with any of the international rental lot. Wish I could remember for certain the name of the company so I could post it here - they had a few to choose from but I just let them book one for us - it may have been Hansarent but not 100% sure. Anyway, we got a Citroen C3 with free sat nav (didn't even ask for it) delivered to the hotel the next day and collected the next morning with complete insurance waiver (I'd spent the last 3 days marvelling at driving in Tallinn and this seemed sensible, but in reality once you get out there it's fine!) for about 50 euros. Great way to explore Lahemaa without the restrictions of a coach tour and thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple