“Fantastic hotel for business and leisure”
Review of Swissotel Tallinn

Swissotel Tallinn
Ranked #3 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The Swissotel Tallinn should be your first choice of hotel in Tallinn. Great rooms with very comfortable beds and beautifull bathrooms. Room and bathroom are very well maintained and modern. Very good facilitated. 24 Hour room service. Fast WiFi. Just as important: the rooms are cosy and make you feel good. Especially when you are at the sea side on higher floors you will enjoy the combination of a nice room and a spectaculair view. The hotel has a more than nice restaurant and bar on the top floor. No need to go out at all. The staff in the hotel is professional and friendly. Service at a high rate. The hotel is very well located. On walking distance from the ancient city and the major department stores and other shopping area's. Transportation at your service all the time. Not even 10 minutes from the international airport.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Erik M
STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thank you for the kind words and for sharing such positive impressions on TripAdvisor! Firstly I appreciate your compliments about our guest rooms. Our maintenance department and housekeepers do take thorough care of all the guest rooms on a daily basis therefore your compliments towards their effort is highly appreciated and shared with their teams as well. I am happy to hear you had a chance to spend time in our top floor Horisont Restaurant & Bar- hope you enjoyed the cocktails and dishes as well as the view! It is a pleasure to see you bringing out this many good aspects of our hotel such as the service, views, transportation and location. As Tallinn is also a magnificent destination with many happenings during summer season, I do hope you have a chance to come here then and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back!

There are newer reviews for Swissotel Tallinn

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed at the Swissotel Talinn for a business trip recently and I am very impressed with the high quality of service that the Hotel provides, all the way from my arrival and to my departure. Staff are attentive, friendly and quick to response for requests and services. The location of the hotel is great and I had a very good view of the city from my floor.

I must also mention the great service from the staff at the Horisont and also the excellent dinner we had there. The view is just magnificient.

I'll definitely stay here when I am in Talinn again. It is my new favourite hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger, sunnier and gives a great view of the city and the sea.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dea J
STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you very much for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn. Also please allow me to thank you for describing your stay with us with so many kind words. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service and that our staff followed your expectations with attentive and friendly manner. I am happy to hear your dinner was excellent and compliments towards our Horisont Restaurant chefs have been forwarded. Nothing better than a fulfilling dinner next to the city view to finish up the day. We wish a wonderful spring season to you and hope to welcome you here in the nearest future to provide another pleasurable stay!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

It does not get better. Great staff at front desk, clean rooms with a great view, wonderful breakfast buffet. This place is worth the splurge! We had adjoining kids room and we're shocked when they delivered milk and cookies.

Room Tip: Aim high. The views are wonderful
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jbunster

Thank you very much for your kind words and for finding the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor! Compliments towards our staff and in-room amenities are much appreciated! I am glad to see that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and I am also happy that you liked our small surprise for your children! I hope you also had a chance to visit our Pürovel Spa& Sport. If not, this would be reason enough to visit us again. It has been a pleasure to have you here during your stay and we would be delighted to welcome you back in the nearest future!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We recently spent a weekend in Tallinn and stayed at Swisshotel. First of all the location is perfect for exploring the city and that combined with the quality of the hotel makes it a great place to stay. The level of service is excellent and the rooms are spacious and full of light. I personally also like the modern look of the rooms with a lot of glass. True, compared to many other hotels in Tallinn the price is not the cheapest one, but for me it was worth it.

I've stayed here before and every time I've been leaving the hotel with a positive note. The breakfast buffet is still very good, but that's the only thing I was a bit disappointed with - I feel it was even better before - with even more variety and a touch of luxury.
However, I didn't affect the overall experience and I would definitely come back if I needed to stay in a hotel in Tallinn again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for spending your weekend with Swissôtel Tallinn and for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! We are very happy to reach the expectations of our guests every day and we are happy we could reach yours this time. Great to see you enjoyed the Tallinn, our service and modern rooms! Maybe next time when you visit us, you will have a chance to spend some time in Horisont Bar and try out some of the various food we provide. These can really make a great stay reach an even higher level! My team and I would be happy to welcome you back to stay with us in the nearest future and hopefully provide a memorable stay for you!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel is well run with attentive staff. The room was striking, with lots of mirrors, which can be confusing at first. Having a modern hotel only 10 minutes walk from the old town is a real plus. The breakfast buffet is a visual and culinary treat, delectable variety and consideration for food allergies.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yakherd

Thank you very much for choosing Swissôtel Tallinn to be the place to stay during your visit to Tallinn. The location is one of the things we also like to point out as positive characteristics. I appreciate your feedback about our staff and food quality being very good! I also hope Swissotel made your stay in Tallinn comfortable and enjoyable. Did you also get to spend some time in our Pürovel Spa & Sport facilities? If not, there is plenty of reason to come back! It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in Swissôtel Tallinn during your next trip!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

On the expensive side, but this is a very good hotel. I had a great view to the north and east of the harbour/ferry terminal. My only warning is that the glass doors and mirrors at the room entrance, bathroom entrance, and shower door can make walking around dangerous until you figure out the room. We stayed here as part of a conference and a number of people said they "almost" smacked into a glass wall or walked into the edge of a door. I stayed in two different rooms. One room configuration was worse than the other as far as the glass door/mirror maze.

Bed was comfortable. The coffee machine was a nice luxury. Internet access was good.

Hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the old town. Returning to hotel late at night was safe enough, but there were enough drunks wandering around on relatively deserted streets that I felt uncomfortable.

Take care with taxis. A colleage took a taxi from the hotel to the Tallinn Technical Institue and was charged 50 euros! The rest of us paid about 10-15 euros.

Room Tip: Try and get a north facing room with a view of the ferry terminal.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank golfsteve55
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in December for a city break. 10 minute drive from the airport and a 10 minute walk into the old town this is a great location. Tallest hotel in town, ask for a room on the highest floor possible, we were on the 22nd and had terrific view over to the gulf of Finland across the city.
Staff were friendly and helpful but not intrusive, hotel was very clean, warm and room had all comforts we needed. The phone next to the toilet was a little unusual and the shower door opening out wards meant the floor got wet or the door stuck on the mat.
Great value for money for the standard of hotel, but don't have breakfast here at 19euros, find the little Russian cafe round the corner!

Room Tip: As high as possible for the view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends