“x”
Review of Swissotel Tallinn

Swissotel Tallinn
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very good hotel, very high standards. I like the most SPA centre. In rooms very big bad. Supper Lavaza coffee machine in room. Still few thing I missing it is lightening in bathroom and TV switch off timer. But overall stay I like a lot.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Checkin was fast and friendly. As usual I requested a quiet room which I also was given.

Room was spacious and in very good condition. Liked the coffee maker with capsules.

WIFI was both stable and fairly fast.

Breakfast was very good offering eggs cooked to order. Only thing I did not like was that breakfast first opened at 07:00. This is too late, and it should have opened at 06:30. This because you typically leave the hotel at 07:30 and with 07:00 as start for breakfast I at least hardly get any ....

All staff showed high level of service attitude.

Location is a bit away from old town and you need appr 15 mins walk to get there.

All in all a great stay. Price per night maybe a bit stiff although quality was high. I would have given full score if breakfast had been offered from 06:30.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a very good quality hotel and in a good location.

Whilst Tallinn is not a big city, this is a great location from which to explore the old town by foot and also, not to far from the airport.

My room was an executive room on the 27th floor, which had a king sized bed and a good work area which is important on business trips. The bathroom was well equipped and spacious - with a big bath.The room was clean and well maintained by house keeping. I was also lucky to have a great view over the city from the bedroom window.

The executive lounge is ok, and fine for a quick meal and a drink in a relaxed environment.

The staff we pleasant and helpful.

I will stay here again next time I am in Tallinn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor! It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the view and that you had the chance to experience our Executive Lounge. Travelling on business should require a comfortable bed for a good night’s sleep, along with a suitable working area and a bath to relax in after a busy day. Your compliments towards our Housekeeping department have been forwarded and are much appreciated! Looking forward to welcoming you in Swissôtel Tallinn once again.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great hotel, very nice interior,very clean and great service. I would definitely highly recommend the place to anybody. I do hope that I will have a chance to go back and stay there again! Thank you for great service!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Nice and quiet hotel in city center, 7 Euros by taxi from airport
They have an own pillow menu to order any special kind you like while staying there
Spa, Fitness, pool and sauna open from early morning till late evening.
Nice veiw of the city from the top floor/restaurant
Less than 10 minutes walk to the old town

Room Tip: I enjoyed the seaview and this is good to avoid having the sunrise in your 'bedroom' window
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Always on top of the top. Highly recommended luxury hotel where you always feel yourself welcome, cosy and surrounded by stuff who are happy to have you around. Probably the best place to stay in Tallinn!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I received extraordinary support from the staff at Swissotel in helping me find my lost luggage. The luggage ID tag had been taken by the Moscow gate agent so I had no number to give the lost luggage staff at the Tallinn airport. Each shift of the concierge staff made multiple calls to multiple airport baggage offices (Moscow, Helsinki, and Tallinn) to see if they could raise awareness of the lost bag.

I unfortunately had packed everything in the bag including my winter coat so I that I had to stay inside at the hotel during my March stay. They managed to find a coat that I could borrow so I could travel to Helsinki. The bag was delivered just before I had to speak in front of 300 people so I was very thankful for their efforts which I am sure got the various baggage offices to look for my bag. In addition they were very gracious in handling my requests.

The food was excellent whether ordered as an individual in their restaurant at the top of hotel, their breakfast on the sixth floor or the food serviced for our conference of 300 people.

I've traveled to something over 50 countries and this staff and hotel are in my top 5.

Thank you very much for hiring capable people and training them well. Please ask the Tallinn management to thank Mikk, Harry, Isabelle, Eric, and Madis for their help.

Regards,
Steve Brown

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr Brown,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for finding the time to share your experinces in TripAdvisor. Lost luggage while travelling is always troublesome but we are pleased to hear our Front Office team were able to help you retrieve it. Your compliments towards them and the Food & Bevarage team have been forwarded and are much appreciated. From a person travelling as much as you it is an honour to be listed amongst the top five hotels in the world. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Swissôtel Tallinn in the near future!