“Fun hostel”

and 1 more site!
Tallinn Backpackers
Ranked #10 of 116 Specialty Lodging in Tallinn
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was a great hostel. I was doing a solo Euro trip for my 30th birthday and my birthday proper came during my stay here. It was one of the best times I've ever had. The location was convenient. The room was nice and comfortable. The staff were awesome. Let's not beat around the bush, this is a party hostel. It's even mentioned during the tour and it's obvious when you see the photos of the staff in the living area. If that is not your scene then don't stay there and go to Monk's Bunk. I can do a few late nights out and still get up early for my tours so it was great for me. The staff really know the area well so they are full of great advice. When it comes for evening socializing, they make a strong effort so that no one is left out. They create an excellent socializing environment for all the hostel guests. Much of my time here was spent laughing. I made some great friends in Tallinn thanks to this hostel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Tallinn Backpackers

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Most friendly staff I've met to date.
Extremely inclusive in all activities hostel or other.
Highly recommend this hostel so central and they know the town well.
Drinks are super cheap and happy hour is for two hours!
Even in the slow season this hostel is the best one I've stayed in yet.
Dave

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The hostel was very warm (we were there in late Nov), the staff were helpful and friendly throughout our brief stay. It's definitely suited to the younger traveler but we didn't feel out of place and were not pressured into partying or playing drinking games (as suggested in previous reviews). It was warm, clean, and spacious, the beds were comfortable and lockers are provided. There is a kitchen complete with all you would need to cook for yourself or you can join the team for a daily meal at 8 pm. They have a sister hostel with a bar where you can go if you want to party. We were provided with all the information we needed, a free map and advice on where to visit, overall we had an enjoyable and relaxing stay. Thank you, keep up the good work!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2013

You can't go wrong here. Unless you hate making friends and having fun.

The room was clean enough and nice enough, and I slept well enough. But what really makes this place special is the friendly atmosphere and plethora of fun activities! Tallinn Backpackers offers a variety of day trips and activities to sign up for. There is a nightly pub crawl, which is just the best. Don't get me wrong, I'm no crazy party-er, but I was traveling solo in Tallinn, so it was so refreshing to meet such kind folks and hang out with the staff and other travelers each night.

The location in the heart of Old Town is fantastic for all the daytime sightseeing you'd like to do. I made friends with other solo travelers, so I had people to explore the city with during the day!

Room Tip: I stayed in a 6-bed, coed, ensuite dorm. No complaints.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great place with a huge common area. In the evening, the place has the perfect atmosphere after dinner with drinking games, rules, very cheap beers followed by a free pub crawl. All the credit goes to the staff as they go out their way to make sure you're having a ball. Would go back here with a second thought!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2013

It's a wonderful hostel! Staff is friendly and nice) .Alcohol-game, trips to the bars and clubs, great atmosphere. Cleanliness.You can buy an excellent dinner for 3 euros, the price of alcohol is also very affordable. I would like to go back there, it was very cool! PARTY PARTY

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

This hostel has a great location, right in the heart of the old town. We stayed for three nights and we were lucky to have considerate people in our dorm. We had two early nights due to a fwrry to xatch and tours, and we slept through any noise. The hostel goes quiet aftwr 11pm so its not too bad. Our third night we joined in the drinking games, where staff make sure everyone is involved. The only problem I felt was fht one bathroom to eight people can be a bit of a pain. Otherwise great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013