“Best choice for Tallinn”
Review of Hotel Telegraaf

Hotel Telegraaf
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Switzerland
“Best choice for Tallinn”
Reviewed May 27, 2010

We have been staying at the Telegraaf hotel several times within the last years - not just beacuse of its perfect location right in the centre of the histroic town. But also because of the personal service, the great room product and boutique style.

For our last stay we booked one of the suites in the historical building which consists of a large living room and a separated bed room. But especially the bathroom is much larger than the ones in regular rooms. The decor had all the nice touches referring to the former use of the building. Housekeeping worked professional incl turndown service.

The wellness area with a small pool, steam bath and saune is the perfect place after a day of sightseeing. And the small spa provides every kind of treatment in co-operation with Elemis. Rates are - as usual in Estonia - quite low.

Breakfast is served in the main restaurant with a small buffet and a selection of hot dishes on a menu. It doesn't give a huge selection but all important items are available.

Compared to the Swissotel located in the business district (outside the historical centre) the Telegraaf provides you with more personal services.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed May 14, 2010

After deciding on going to Tallinn to have a girls only/ SPA/ shopping/relax/seightseing weekend, we quicly chose this hotel to stay after reading the reviews. With our expectations high up there we were pretty sure that we would somehow be disappointed. We did not!!!This hotel has everything!! Elegance, Charm, location - you name it! The details and the service provided makes the experince absolutely unique. Like The bathrobes and slippers, the complimentary products provided in the bathroom, the breakfast menu and the beautiful complimentary SPA area with a small pool and jacuzzi which we had all to ourselves!! The SPA treatments are also absolutely worth a try!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank MonicaAlfredsen
cork
Reviewed May 12, 2010

A friend and I stayed in the hotel for four nights,what a gem.I am not going to rabbit on but just to say I would highly recommend the hotel.What a wonderful few days in Tallinn and the accommodation was superb.

Eating Tip:Surprisingly one of our best meals in Tallinn was at the Indian Restaurant,Chakra.My friend whose Dad is Indian was highly impressed.Try it out.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank _kbb_Cork
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2010

The Telegraph as all the other reviewers have said is a really lovely hotel. It was converted from the old telecomms building (thus the name) in the center of the old town and I assume quite recently at that because it's very modern in it's decor. While modern, it is still comfortable and relaxed and not pretentious at all. The spa and swimming pool were small, but very welcome and never too busy, although perhaps a cold February made it less busy than it would be otherwise. The staff in the spa were very friendly, although I didn't try the spa treatments myself, just the pool and sauans. The reception staff weren't so welcoming, I felt like they were resentful of me or something, it was very peculiar and that spoilt what was otherwise a great stay.

The onsite restuarant, Tchaikosky, was very classy and looked beautiful and I heard the food was amazing, but I was always exploring the town and eating out so never tried it myself. In truth I had some mixed food in town, some places are a bit touristic and fake, so probably were I to go back again would try it (although it wasn't cheap). The room was large, elegantly furnished, and the big bathroom very clean, a great powerful shower and all the Elemis cleaning products first class. My only complaints were the expensive TV channels (not that I wanted to watch TV but found it perverse when paying so much for a room that TV was extra). The room was also spotless when we returned and while the view was nothing special looking out onto a car park and flats behind the hotel.

Location wise it's great, you don't really want to see much of Tallinn other than the old town to be honest. The new part is rather drab, so being right in the middle of Old Town, 2 minutes from the main square is perfect. The city is a mix of lovely old elegant buildings, some lovely authentic and cosy bars and cafes and some real nasty tourist traps. It's amusing, but overall a lovely place to visit. It's not as cheap as you'd expect, although if you get out of Old Town prices do fall dramatically, but your surroundings just won't be as pretty.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HarryIC
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 28, 2010

There's not really a better place to stay in Tallinn than the Hotel Telegraaf. Some 5 star hotels can be snooty or too far up their own backside's for their own good, but this hotel is just elegant and friendly, the perfect mix.

Location wise it cannot be beaten, right in the centre of the old town, it serves as an ideal base to explore.

The rooms are excellent, plush and have every facility you should ever require! The bed was extremely comfortable, my night's sleep was full every night! I was facing the internal courtyard.

Breakfast was served in the hotel's award winning Tchaikovsky Restaurant (which I had the pleasure of eating dinner in on the Sunday night!). It was full and plentiful, serving cold meats, cheeses, fish, sausages, scrambled eggs (other eggs and dishes or order), mushrooms and tomatoes. Cereal and bread, basically everything you would need and tea or coffee impeccably served by the attentive waiting staff.

Front desk staff were very kind and helpful. They even looked up train and bus times for me with advice on when best to travel and such. I also tried the lobby bar, again, impeccable advice from the barman on what he had to offer behind the bar.

There is not a thing I could fault this hotel on, not that I wanted to either! It is simply magnificent.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank SarkaCZ
Dorset
Reviewed April 13, 2010

An ideal location situated in the heart of The Old Town. A beautifully presented Hotel, warm, friendly and helpful staff. The most comfortable bed I have EVER slept in! The room was spacious and facilities in this Hotel were 1st class. The Spa was well equipped and run efficiently, however the pool was slightly on the cooler side. I enjoyed a massage which was a truly relaxing experience. Breakfast was of a very high standard buffet style with a good selection available. I highly recommend this Hotel for a visit to Tallinn.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed April 11, 2010

My boyfriend and I have just spent the weekend in Tallinn staying at the Hotel Telegraaf. Hotel Telegraaf is impecable - stylishly decorated bedrooms, extremely friendly and helpful staff, a great breakfast (with Prosecco!) and a relaxing pool, spa and treatment rooms - I indulged with a body polish, facial and the best massage I have ever had... Bliss!

• Stayed April 2010