“Superb gem in the heart of Old Town”
Review of Hotel Telegraaf

Hotel Telegraaf
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I can't say enough about this lovely small hotel centrally located to all sites in Old Town. The staff is warm and helpful, the rooms lovely, and the breakfast buffet in the morning is perfect for starting the day in this wonderfully atmospheric city. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank bvanderet
There are newer reviews for Hotel Telegraaf

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great atmosphere in excellent location on Old Town in Tallinn. Hotel is great but the safe makes the visit extraordinary. You get treated whit respect but you will not feel embarrassed. It is nice when you ask something special and get responded "sure you can" and the service is delivered whit smile. You can't see the difference that good whit normal hotel visit but try to arrange something more, like romantic dinner. They have good vine cellar and knowledge how to combine those in food.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Siren_Family
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Tallinn turned out to be a well kept secret.. its a wonderful town with lots of history to explore and charming buildings to see. The resturants and cafes were a delightful.
The hotel Telegraaf proved to be one of the towns highlights. The breakfast was a treat with lots of lovely food from which to choose. The most pleasing and outstanding quality, however, were the friendly and attentive staff. They were always willing to help but were never intrusive.
I hope I have the opportunity to go again .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The beautiful town of Tallinn itself is a gem in Estonia...however, my stay at the Telegraaf Hotel made it into one of my best vacation trips ever! From the general manager 'down' to the bar staff...to the ever-friendly front desk staff, I had an exceptional experience. Our room was warm and cozy, the hotel location was in the middle of 'all-that-was-happening in the village, the spa was exceptional...we added a day to our itinerary because we could not believe the overall care and warmth shown by staff (to a man from Texas!) And to top it all off, staff arranged for lunch boxes to give us (for our train ride to Saint Petersburg...) Exceptional. I have already booked my return stay reservations as I plan now to attend the festival in July.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Tallinn Old Town is a place of outstanding medieval beauty...and the jewel in her crown is the Hotel Telegraaf.
My wife and I spent a fabulous couple of nights in the hotel in December, and were warmly welcomed by the hotel staff. From check-in to check-out nothing was too much trouble for the staff, who were always on hand with a smile and local advice.
Our third floor room overlooked the street, and the sound proofing was superb...as was the insulation against the bitter cold outside. The bed was supremely comfortable...the only mattress I have found to rival the 5 star suites of Las Vegas, in fact.
Breakfast choice was extensive...well cooked and well presented, again by cheerful and polite staff.
I could go on at length, but to be honest, if you want great service, great location and top quality in a hotel...look no further.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed in the hotel with my husband and our 3 months old son. Hotel staff was were friendly and helpfull. We arived at the hotel were early and went there to leave our luggage so that we could wait to get the room in the city. The receptionist was very friendly and took our phone number and promised to call us as soon as the room was cleaned, she also promised to make sure that it was cleaned as soon as possible. It only went an hour or so, when they called us. We got our room as early as 11 a.m
We were very pleased with our stay. Excellent breakfast. If you're going to dine in the hotel, make sure you take your eveninggown with you!! There was an kvartet playing nice music and the restaurant was very classy! Everything was perfect at this hotel! The bed in our room was very comfortable and had lots of different kind of pillows. Hotel has also many various of spa treatments! Probably one of the best stays I've ever had in an hotel! I will definitely go back here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014

In the middle of Tallinn Old Town the the old Post Office has been wonderfully revamped to a 5-star experience. All rooms are very nicely decorated and all with some sort of seating area which gives the whole hotel a homely feeling. Although located in the old town/fortress, Telegraaf managed to build a good wellness area with pool. Breakfast buffet is 5-star too and includes the best smoked salmon that I have ever had (for that is worth). Pity they do not provide for a smoking/cigar lounge.

Room Tip: Because it is in the middle of town no particular rooms with view available. I would imagine all roo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business