“fabulous hotel and spa in a perfect setting” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Telegraaf to your Saves list
Hotel Telegraaf
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vene 9, Tallinn 10123, Estonia   |
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
“fabulous hotel and spa in a perfect setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Excellent value for money. our twin room was spacious and beautifully appointed, the elemis complementary toiletries were an added luxury and the breakfast was to die for! The spa facilities were spotless and a welcome treat after a cold day outside. I loved the service cupboard and the bottle of mineral water each night.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Breda, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hotel Telegraaf is located in Venekatu, in the Old Town of Tallinn. There are lots of nice restaurants close by, everything is within a walking distance.

The building that facilitates Hotel Telegraaf is a piece of art itself, perfect location for a high class boutique hotel. Hotel Telegraaf is decorated with a classical style. The lobby bar looks good, and is a great place to start the evening off with a few drinks. On a cold winter day its also nice to spend the evening in the Symphony lounge next to the bar and enjoy the warmth of the fireplace. Restaurant Tschaikovsky which also works as the breakfast restaurant is top notch and has recieved recognition in Tallinn´s restaurant scene. Beside the restaurant and the lobby bar, guests can also relax at the Spa. There is a swimming pool and a few saunas, that guests can use free of charge. The spa also offers treatments for various prices.

During our stay at the Telegraaf we had booked one Superior double room and one twin room. Both rooms were spacious and decorated with a similar style to match the rest of the hotel. A nice little touch was the old fashioned telephone found in both rooms. The tv-system is a bit out of date, but if I understood correctly, they are about top update it. Bathrooms in the room had everything we needed, but the general look was not as astonishing as for the rest of the room.

Last but not least the service. I had extremely high expectations since I made my reservation trough Karin Tani. She was extremely nice and helpful througout our email conversation and in my opinion its a fantastic thing when a hotel is able to make that kind of impact when making a reservation. At the hotel service was smooth and friendly. Only thing in which I could see some room for improvment was that it could be a bit more personal. Just some small things were missing, like greeting the guest with their last name, asking how are you and in the end asking how was your stay with us.

I will definetely return to Telegraaf, and I wish all the best for the finest hotel in Tallinn:)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was at Hotel Telegraph for two nights. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for anyone going to Tallinn! It was very clean, centrally located (in the heart of old town), excellent restaurant (the best in Tallinn) in the hotel. The best part was probably the staff, they were all very friendly and knew Tallinn very well. When I go back to Tallinn this is the only place I will stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mr_Scoobs
Dar Es Salaam Region, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a delightful hotel. They are located just off the main square in old town so great for those wanting to experience the market or explore old town. The hotel itself is beautiful with other old classic rooms. All the staff are superb and their fine dinning restaurant is one of the best in Estonia so you just can't go wrong. My husband did the spa and said that experience was pretty average but you can go an enjoy their sauna or heated pool which is great (if you've packed a costume). Because their fine dinning was fully booked on Old years the conceirge found us a wonderful alternative and on our way back to the hotel was able to enjoy the festive and fireworks in the town square.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Retired of Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Hotel Telegraaf is in the Old Town and easy walking distance to the big shopping mall if you are looking for modern shops. Staff were excellent especially the young man who acts as the Concierge at weekends we later found out was still at school ,his English was very good and his personality even better. We booked into the restaurant the first night but as I am a veggie the menu didn't suit me but I have to say my husband enjoyed his venison steak. If going back to Tallinn I would stay at the Hotel Telegraaf again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Palpy
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Hard to fault this hotel tbh. Nice spa area, didn't have the treatments as you can find cheaper near by but use of the pool and sauna , steam are free. A nice way to spend an hour in the eve.
Rooms are a good size and well furnished, I was impressed with the under floor heating in the bathroom. Beds are very comfortable

The really nice thing about the hotel is how they've maintained the character , it's an historic building and you do feel the ambience. I'm not a fan of big corporate type hotels and this certainly isn't that. Well worth the money and the staff are very very helpful. It's rated as the best hotel in Tallinn and I imagine it is.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, I was in the standard room and it was beautiful
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Irmela H, General Manager at Hotel Telegraaf, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all to you and your family a very happy healthly and prosperous new year and for 2013 only the best of wishes!

Secondly, on behalf of the entire team here at the Hotel Telegraaf my thanks for your review on tripadvisor . It was great to read that you enjoyed our pool area as well as our rooms and the entire decor and architecure of the building and I could not agree with you more that we are certainly not a „big corporate type hotel“... more so, with our 86 rooms, a boutique style hotel ..!

Thank you again for taking to time and effort to review us ! Much appreciated!

And should your travels bring you back to the beautiful city of Tallinn it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Hotel Telegraaf !

Best wishes,

I.Heinsius
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

It was our first trip to Tallinn and I checked with Trip Advisor for hotel recommendation. Decided to write in the Hotel Telegraaf for rates and availability during the Christmas period as it was highly rated in TA. The booking manager, Karin Tani, was extremely helpful. She offered us a executive room with a sofa bed for my family of 4 instead of 2 connecting rooms which could have cost us about 400€ more for my stay. Since it was our first trip to Tallinn, I asked her many questions on the city and she promptly replied them all with very helpful information. She even offered to help us on the booking of restaurants for Christmas eve dinner as most restaurants were closed in Tallinn.
Upon arrival at the Tallinn Airport, the hotel driver was already waiting for us despite the flight from Helsinki was delayed by almost 2 hours. When we reached the hotel, we were quite pleasantly shock at the grandness and beauty of the building and its luxurious decoration. It comes with big modern elevators! The room was nicely decorated and CLEAN. Though a bit small for my family of 4, but no complain as it was our choice to save some money. I actually double checked the rates cos the rates quoted to me were quite low (base on my other experiences with other European hotels) for such a luxury hotel for a family of 4 with breakfast. Talking about breakfast, it was another pleasant surprise. Excellent buffet selection, and came with freshly prepared ala crate menu as well. The kids liked the pancake. My favorite was the free flow of sparking wine!
The location was the third surprise. It was located on a quite but easily accessible street in old town, and only a stone throw away from the Townhall square and the Christmas market. Rest of the old town attractions and the shopping centres were within walking distance.
Overall I would rate Hotel Telegraaf as the best hotel with the best value I've stayed in Europe. I would highly recommend this hidden gem to my friends visiting Tallinn. Thanks to Karin and the rest of the HT staff for making our visit to Tallinn so unforgettable. Thanks for the Christmas gift of a bottle of Tallinn wine, chocolate and cookies. Nice personal touch! With love from Michael and family (Singapore) :)

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Michael & Family!

From all of us here at the Hotel Telegraaf to you and yours a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year and for 2013 only the best of wishes !

Also, we would like to thank you that our 2012 reviews close on such lovely and supportive words of praise !

Thank you !

Your review has been shared, reviewed and discussed internally (as all our reviews) and it was much appreciated by all !

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hotel Telegraaf and the beautiful city of Tallinn hopefully in the not too distant future !

With best wishes on behalf of the entire team,

I.Heinisus