Hotel Telegraaf
$217
$204
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hestia Hotel Ilmarine(Tallinn)(Great Value!)
$87
$83
Hotels.com
$122
$112
Orbitz.com
1,804 results
All reviewstchaikovsky restaurantelemis toiletriesold townnew wingsmall luxury hotelturn down servicevene streetperfect locationsmall poolthe main squarepillow menulovely hotelspa facilitiesfive star hotelhistoric buildingtown hall squareexecutive room
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My husband and I, along with 2 friends, have just returned from a 4 night stay in the Telegraaf hotel. I had booked it as a treat for my husband's upcoming 60th birthday. All 4 of us absolutely loved the hotel and we couldn't have asked for a better location. It's inside the old town walls and just a stone's throw from the main square.

When I was booking the hotel I mentioned that it was a treat for my husband and, without hesitation, we were upgraded to a superior room in the "old" wing. It was a room on the 3rd floor, overlooking the cobbled street below, and it was lovely to open the window in the morning and watch life going on outside-people strolling around, having coffee etc. The area around the hotel is largely pedestrianised ( cars and taxis can just about make it to the hotel door for drop-off and pick-up) but, having said that, it's a very calm and quiet area and we never heard a sound at night.

Breakfast was included in our package and was very good-juices, cereals, cold meats, cheese,variety of breads, salads etc. We don't tend to eat hot cooked breakfasts on holiday but I did treat myself to some pancakes the last morning! Yogurt was available but not natural yogurt as far as I could see.

The bed was large and very comfortable and I loved all the "Elemis" products in the bathroom. I did feel the towels could have been softer and fluffier for a 5 star hotel but that's the only negative thing I can say about the whole experience. We were all struck by how young the staff seemed to be but all were very pleasant and capable.

I treated myself to the "lime and ginger body treatment" which was on special offer for 50 euro with a self tan treatment as a free extra bonus. Really enjoyed that!

Tallinn itself was a lovely surprise-I hadn't known what to expect but we loved it all.The hotel is ideally placed for visiting the old town and we really enjoyed strolling around the cobbled streets. We seemed to discover some new corner every day. If you visit Freedom Square just outside the old town, climb the steps to the viewing point at the top and sit down for a coffee or an ice-cream at the little cafe up there. We sat there the last morning basking in the sunshine and almost 30 degrees. We were blessed with beautiful weather for the 5 days-it was getting warmer as the week went on- and we certainly saw everything at its best. We enjoyed a visit to the Kadriorg park and palace and also got a bus out to the Pirita harbour area where we had a lovely lunch in "Riva" restaurant just by the bridge. There's a cycle track along the water out of the city to Kadriorg area and , had I known about it before seeing it from the bus, we;d have hired bikes to do the trip.We also took a day return ferry to Helsinki which is worth doing if one has time-it cost 31 euro and the fast ferry only takes 90 mins so we had a full day there, having arrived at 9.30 and gotten the 7.00p.m. ferry back. The port is only about 10 to 15 mins walk from the hotel.

All in all, we loved our visit to Tallinn and the Telegraaf hotel and would certainly have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the street in the old part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

It' s very nice hotel and very god restaurant and spa.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Excellent hotel ! Worth its five stars. Stayed in a room in the older part of the hotel. Clean, spacious rooms with lots of atmosphere, while still having modern standards. Big bed with comfortable sheets. Breakfast in the fantastic Tchaikovsky restaurant (be sure to also have your dinner here!) was very good and varied.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I ve been staying in Telegraaf falmost on a monthly basis from 4-10 nights since January 2010. The main advantage of this hotel is the very welcoming staff. It has a perfect spot in the old town, within a 5 min walk from the main town square. Yet it is very quiet!
Rooms are comfortable especially the ones on the new wing. Breakfast is rich and the terrace is really beautiful in the summer. In winter one can enjoy a drink by the fire place when the room is not engaged for some seminar.
The down side is that there is no lounge and the bar is rathe small basically is an extension of the reception. Also for long staying guests it would be nice to have a gym or at least a treadmill.
Spa services are also good although the pool is rather small.
Overall one can have an excellent stay for a few days or longer and be welcomed by really nice staff!

Room Tip: Rooms on the new wing of the hotel are more comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Excellent Hotel, with excellent service. The Senior Management Team enjoyed the experience and had a successful business meeting.
Helen Parlane